Joey 1.0 with H3?

comfortably_numb

Dogs have owners, cats have staff
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 30, 2011
Kansas City / Las Vegas
Will a Joey 1.0 work with the H3? Can you pair a 52.0 remote to it? Dish told me this morning that I can, but it didn't sound right so I thought I'd check with the REAL experts ;)

The answer is yes on both counts but your Joey 1 will go at a snails pace. You really need a 2...

It's for my bedroom where I rarely watch TV, and only watch one or 2 channels in there, so as long as the picture doesn't cut out due to a slow processor or something, hopefully I'll be good. I tried to use a Fire stick in there but by the time I "wake" it up, load Dish Anywhere, scroll through the guide, I'm half asleep

UGH! After telling me I could add it, now Dish is saying I can't. I already paid for it and have the RID and smart card numbers. Who do I have to get to there to make this happen?

Verdict: Dish will NOT under any circumstances activate a 1.0 on an account with an H3. I've tried at the highest levels and nobody will do it. When they attempt to code the RID and smart card numbers, it kicks it back out.

I don't think anyone is going to activate it. Dish knows how slow the 1s are with the H3 and they are not going to leave themselves open to multiple trouble calls. If the OP bought his Joey 1 to use with his H3, its kind of buyer beware. Know what you are buying before purchasing it. I know the original question was would it work and my answer was yes. I also qualified that yes with the slowness of it. While the OP may be just pleased with that slowness because he doesn't use that Joey much, Dish is saying they aren't and that is how it is. ;)

Reactions: littlecloud319
I don't think anyone is going to activate it. Dish knows how slow the 1s are with the H3 and they are not going to leave themselves open to multiple trouble calls. If the OP bought his Joey 1 to use with his H3, its kind of buyer beware. Know what you are buying before purchasing it. I know the original question was would it work and my answer was yes. I also qualified that yes with the slowness of it. While the OP may be just pleased with that slowness because he doesn't use that Joey much, Dish is saying they aren't and that is how it is. ;)

I wasn't just going off your "yes;" a rep in the Loyalty Team in Tulsa told me specifically that it would work. I'm not worried about it; I can get a refund for the 1.0

I wasn't just going off your "yes;" a rep in the Loyalty Team in Tulsa told me specifically that it would work. I'm not worried about it; I can get a refund for the 1.0

Just because they said it will “work” doesn’t mean they will activate it. It’s all about how you word the question. Remember dish’s CSR’s aren’t very smart.

Just because they said it will “work” doesn’t mean they will activate it. It’s all about how you word the question. Remember dish’s CSR’s aren’t very smart.

This was a senior rep in a US call center. He should have known better. It's alright; lesson learned!

Last edited:
Probably because it's been blasted all over the internet. I bet the president's office has a new number. :biggrin
I said this about the "executive office" years ago, then with DIRT, and now with that office (again). People use that resource for the pettiest sh*t and that's not what it's for.

I bet so too.
Try this one. It is suppose to be the DISH Executive office. 866-406-0125
So you post another number (valid or not) ?

Reactions: joewhite57
Will a Joey 1.0 work with the H3?
Technically it will work*. Policy-wise, Dish doesn't allow it as you've found out.

* Dish actually restricts it from the "technical" aspect on top of the policy by not having a H3 download the s/w for a Joey v1 model, so even if you got someone to break the rule, it wouldn't work. Well, if it was already activated and had s/w, I guess it could. It wouldn't ever get a future s/w update though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)