Joey 2.0 on screen guide problem

Resurrecting a middle aged thread, but my Hopper 3 has refused to list my subscribed programs for the last 3 days.

The guide has only channels 811, 812, 813, 838, 849 and 9582.

If I go to the Dish Guide settings and change large text to off then on, the guide preview box to the left shows the correct channels, i.e. the one I've tuned to and the previous 5, but if I exit Guide settings to the program, them press guide, I'm back to the 811-9582 six channels list.

Reboots do not correct the problem, reset does not correct the problem.

Called Dish Support, they remoted into my Hopper 3 and could not correct the problem. Sending a tech out tomorrow.

Anyone have any thing off the wall that might help. Right now my hopper essentially has no useful guide, but recordings and direct tuning to channels work normally.

Check to make sure you didn't accidentally make an errant Favorites List that only lets you go to the channels those channels, if they're in it.

Press Guide, then Guide again and check that you're not in a list

Reactions: charlesrshell
Re-resurrecting this issue.

The Hopper has been behaving but my Joey 3.0 is displaying this behavior. I never use Favorites, no favorites are set on either the H3 or the J3.

The tech came out last April and showed me how to do a work around.

In the messed up guide, press options (All subscribed is selected) then select either all channels or all unsubscribed. Press Options again then select all subscribed, Back then Guide and the Guide is back to normal.

I've been doing this with my new Joey 3 every day the first time I access the Guide.

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts