Joey 2 vs. 4K Joey

cditty

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 22, 2006
Northeast Louisiana
I just had a HWS & Super Joey replaced with a H3 and Joey 2. The Joey 2 is WAY slower than the Super Joey it replaced.

Can anyone that has a 4K Joey let me know if it is faster or near the speed of the Super Joey... If so, it's worth it to me to just purchase a 4K Joey.

Thanks.

I don't have a Joey 2 but the 4K Joey speed is comparable to the Hopper 3. After suffering through the original Joey for almost 4 years when it was time to upgrade I went with 3 4K Joey's.

They replaced my Joey 2 with a 4K Joey today... A world of difference. It is every bit as fast as my Super Joey was. I honestly don't understand why they even bother with the Joey 2. It was so sluggish for me. The menu's couldn't keep up, the page up/down on the guide lagged.

I'm very greatful to the DIRT team for helping me get them swapped out. It's as fast as being on the actual Hopper 3 when going through the menu's. If you haven't updated yet, I would encourage any of you to ask for a 4K Joey if you go with the Hopper 3.

Reactions: DWS44
They replaced my Joey 2 with a 4K Joey today... A world of difference. It is every bit as fast as my Super Joey was. I honestly don't understand why they even bother with the Joey 2. It was so sluggish for me. The menu's couldn't keep up, the page up/down on the guide lagged.

I'm very greatful to the DIRT team for helping me get them swapped out. It's as fast as being on the actual Hopper 3 when going through the menu's. If you haven't updated yet, I would encourage any of you to ask for a 4K Joey if you go with the Hopper 3.
I have had an opposite experience. They replaced both my Joeys with Joey 2's, and they are significantly faster. The issue I have, is they also came with 52.0's, and I forgot to backup the settings on the 40.0, so I am still finding stuff. The one that got on my nerves until I finally changed it last night was the guide order. I hate the default so very much.

My 4K Joey had the 40.0 in the box. I just repaired the 52, since that is what I have for the H3... I might as well keep it consistent.

Man, my Joey 2 would take up to two seconds to populate a menu field, etc... It would lose count of my page downs in the guide. I suppose it just could have been defective.

I'm crazy happy with the performance of the 4K Joey. My installer told me that his boss said it would be no faster and he was shocked when he saw how much more responsive it was.

I never had a 'regular' Joey. I had a Super Joey with tuners before this, so it was full speed. The Joey 2 was driving me crazy.

I'm rapidly learning the Carbon UI. The only real tweak I make is to make the guide the 'light' style. It's easier on my eyes that the dark version.

I have had an opposite experience. They replaced both my Joeys with Joey 2's, and they are significantly faster.

You are right...the Joey 2 is noticeably faster than the Joey 1, but like the OP mentioned, it still is not as fast as the old Super Joey was. To me the Joey 2 is at least usable now (whereas the Joey 1 was horrid).

I never had a 'regular' Joey

Be thankful! :D

Reactions: Troch77

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)