Joey all the sudden can't see the Hopper

TEXASACE

Original poster
Feb 1, 2006
Hopper/Sling Joey 2 worked fine then Joey cycles off and can't see the Hopper. Coax good, ends good. You can't hook up a dang meter to or from a Joey, does anybody know if the History screen could shed some light on the Hopper or Joey issues?

Today my 4K Joey would not connect to the H3. I had to hard reboot the H3 then 4K Joey and it worked again.

Today my 4K Joey would not connect to the H3. I had to hard reboot the H3 then 4K Joey and it worked again.
I've had random issues with my WiFi Joey that call for a reboot of the Hopper to reconnect.

Hopper/Sling Joey 2 worked fine then Joey cycles off and can't see the Hopper. Coax good, ends good. You can't hook up a dang meter to or from a Joey, does anybody know if the History screen could shed some light on the Hopper or Joey issues?

After a long period of no issues with my replacement HWS, this week I have had several issues with Wireless Joey connecting to the Hopper. Not sure what is going on either, it has been several months since I had to reset anything in the system. Monday I had to do a power reset of the WJ in the master bedroom, then Tuesday the same WJ would not respond to the remote and power up. I had to do reset the Hopper and the WJ to get that resolved. Last night the same WJ would not see the WAP. I had to reset everything (HWS, then WAP, then the WJ) to get everything working. I hope this does not continue, as things have been running smoothly since they replaced the HWS and installed a Snap.

After a long period of no issues with my replacement HWS, this week I have had several issues with Wireless Joey connecting to the Hopper. Not sure what is going on either, it has been several months since I had to reset anything in the system. Monday I had to do a power reset of the WJ in the master bedroom, then Tuesday the same WJ would not respond to the remote and power up. I had to do reset the Hopper and the WJ to get that resolved. Last night the same WJ would not see the WAP. I had to reset everything (HWS, then WAP, then the WJ) to get everything working. I hope this does not continue, as things have been running smoothly since they replaced the HWS and installed a Snap.
I had to reboot everything last night, again. WJ "lost" signal, Hopper was on Live TV, rebooted both receivers and all was fixed.

Reactions: olds403
I had to reboot everything last night, again. WJ "lost" signal, Hopper was on Live TV, rebooted both receivers and all was fixed.

Glad it isn't just me, everything worked ok last night, no resets and everything stayed connected. I am thinking about upgrading to the H3 for the extra tuners, just need to talk to Dish and see what kind of deal I can get.

Glad it isn't just me, everything worked ok last night, no resets and everything stayed connected. I am thinking about upgrading to the H3 for the extra tuners, just need to talk to Dish and see what kind of deal I can get.
My issue is with a Hopper 3 and a WiFi Joey that have been in place for 2 years

My issue is with a Hopper 3 and a WiFi Joey that have been in place for 2 years

I have had the WJ's for 2 years this month, the original HWS was installed at the same time and they just replaced the HWS in December. I am thinking of moving to the H3 as I am starting to get tired of juggling timers to record everything I want. The replacement HWS has been mostly trouble free since, I did think it was strange when the WJ in the master bedroom would not respond to the remote at all without a complete system reset.

I have had to restart something in the system every day this week. Wife was NOT happy last night. (and talking about calling cable company) I had gone to the store and came back to the master bedroom WJ freezing and pixelating (again), 2 power cord resets on the WJ and nothing, ended up resetting the HWS and then the WAP and then the WJ (again). Not sure what is going on with it again, it was trouble free from just before Christmas until the end of March.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts