Joey doesnt turn on with TV

Sharon Zeto

Original poster
Sep 15, 2020
Every morning, my Joey is powered off - no green light. When I turn my TV on, the Joey doesn't turn on and I have to manually turn it on. Please help.

Do u use the tv remote or the Dish remote? As far as I know, u can not push just one button and turn Joey (or Hopper) and tv on. U need to push either top left button (on remote 52) or Select button (for Satellite equipment). I have Vizio brand tv and soundbar in my kitchen. When I turn tv on, I get close to tv and hold the dish remote with a 45 degree angle and push tv button. (The reason is the soundbar blocks the bottom of tv. Using the remote from far only turns the soundbar on. )
Then, both tv and soundbar r on. The next step is turning Joey on. If u r having an issue with remote, u can always try to pair them under Settings.

Do u use the tv remote or the Dish remote? As far as I know, u can not push just one button and turn Joey (or Hopper) and tv on. U need to push either top left button (on remote 52) or Select button (for Satellite equipment). I have Vizio brand tv and soundbar in my kitchen. When I turn tv on, I get close to tv and hold the dish remote with a 45 degree angle and push tv button. (The reason is the soundbar blocks the bottom of tv. Using the remote from far only turns the soundbar on. )
Then, both tv and soundbar r on. The next step is turning Joey on. If u r having an issue with remote, u can always try to pair them under Settings.
I just tested it with my Vizio TV and a 54.1 remote. A single press of the Power button turned on both the TV and my Hopper Duo. I do not have a soundbar, though, so I cannot test that combination to see if it would work.

One correction. Years ago I used an universal remote and programmed my tv, satellite receiver and an amplifier. It was too cumbersome to use it. Ocasionally, one of them would not turn on.
Personally, it doesn't bother me to press few buttons on remote to turn things on!!

Reactions: pattykay
Every morning, my Joey is powered off - no green light. When I turn my TV on, the Joey doesn't turn on and I have to manually turn it on. Please help.
Regardless of which model Dish remote you are using, try this. Press the Power button like you normally do, then immediately press the Sat button. (The Sat button will be in the upper-left corner. It is on the side of the remote on newer models.) This way, the Sat button will turn on the Joey if it is not already on. If the Joey is already on, then the Sat button will have no effect. Either way, it is only two button presses to make sure that both the TV and Joey turn on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)