Joey/Hopper Linking 101

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

todd_l

Original poster
Dec 17, 2012
Minnesota
Just got this installed (2H/3J), so these might be silly questions:

1. One of my Joeys says it is linked to both hoppers. The other two are only linked to one of the Hoppers. I can change which hopper they are linked to, but can't link to both. Why is one of them linked to both Hoppers, and the others aren't? Does this matter?

2. One of my Hoppers doesn't let me choose PIP, it says all tuner services are in use. How do I get this error to go away?

3. Can I watch a recording on one Hopper from the other? I thought the guy said no, but it looks like it will let me choose recordings from the other Hopper.

Thanks.

Just got this installed (2H/3J), so these might be silly questions:

1. One of my Joeys says it is linked to both hoppers. The other two are only linked to one of the Hoppers. I can change which hopper they are linked to, but can't link to both. Why is one of them linked to both Hoppers, and the others aren't? Does this matter?

2. One of my Hoppers doesn't let me choose PIP, it says all tuner services are in use. How do I get this error to go away?

3. Can I watch a recording on one Hopper from the other? I thought the guy said no, but it looks like it will let me choose recordings from the other Hopper.

Thanks.

They should only be linking to one hopper so that sounds like a bug.

Turn off your joeys and make sure you have one free tuner.

Yes, press dvr then choose the drop down next to the red button to select the other hopper.

The being "linked" to multiple Hoppers thing is definitely a bug that's been around for a while now. A reboot fixes it.

Sent from my iPad 2 using SatelliteGuys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)