Joey question

bobdee

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 19, 2020
Arizona
The Joey with my hopper 3 skips ahead when fast forwarding a recording. It only happens in standard definition, HD no problem. If I play it on the hopper, the recording plays fine. Anyone else have this problem?

The Joey with my hopper 3 skips ahead when fast forwarding a recording. It only happens in standard definition, HD no problem. If I play it on the hopper, the recording plays fine. Anyone else have this problem?

Hello, bobdee. We have been seeing reports of this issue affecting the Joeys for a number of customers. We would be happy to take a further look into this issue and get it reported. To get that reported, please reach out to our chat team here.

Thanks for that info, I talked to support, They're say will try a fix work around remotely. Hope it works, very annoying.

Talk to support again cus the problem still exists. They have NO idea when this can be fixed. Time to shop for another provider.

I'm having the same issue, regardless of HD/SD. It will skip way ahead when I press the +/- 30 sec buttons. Or if I'm fast forwarding/rewinding and then press play at a particular point, it will randomly jump to another point in the recording. Very frustrating, it's happening on both of my Joeys.

This has been an ongoing problem with the Joeys on SD programming from the get go. I first noticed it on my first gen Hopper 7 years ago, followed by the Hopper with Sling, and now on the Hopper 3. IMO there will NEVER be a fix for this despite innumerable complaints. It wasn't so bad when DISH had the 4X FF & RR when the original Hopper was released, but DISH in there infinite wisdom took that away despite thousands of complaints on this forum and the now defunct DISH Community Forums begging DISH to give us the 4X speed back, which of course went unanswered.

My Joey 3 does it with HD material sometimes. I don't watch SD channels so I have no experience with that. I have paused shows, then later trying to FF through commercials it will suddenly skip ahead to some point later in the show. I then have to rewind to get back to the point where I was originally. It is kind of annoying. It doesn't happen every time, but often enough.

My Joey 3 does it with HD material sometimes. I don't watch SD channels so I have no experience with that. I have paused shows, then later trying to FF through commercials it will suddenly skip ahead to some point later in the show. I then have to rewind to get back to the point where I was originally. It is kind of annoying. It doesn't happen every time, but often enough.
I watch METV reruns from time to time and the trick play is pretty much useless. I never thought about it being an SD channel issue, but now that I think about it, METV is probably the only SD channel that I do watch.

Reactions: CyberSpock
I watch METV reruns from time to time and the trick play is pretty much useless. I never thought about it being an SD channel issue, but now that I think about it, METV is probably the only SD channel that I do watch.
I'm watching something I recorded around 5 years ago. It was transfers to external drive and back to the Hopper. Trick play doesn't work at all on the Joey. Backwards goes into the future and forward goes to the present other unpredictable behavior. I just use fast forward and reverse. It's all I can do.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Miner

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)