Joey Record Conflict, Prompted to Record to Other Hopper

primetimeguy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 4, 2006
St. Paul, MN
Just had this happen for the first time. Searched around and didn't find it discussed anywhere.

Went to record a program and received a pop up stating "Creation of this timer may cause a conflict for Joey XXXX. Do you want to create this timer on Hopper XXXX.

This would be the hopper that it is not currently connected to. I said ok and it added a new icon to indicate it would record on the other hopper I'm guessing.

Running S449. Anyone else seen this?

Ok, thanks. I haven't paid close attention to the forums as of late and search didn't turn up anything. Seems like an awesome feature so thought it would have more press. :)

Just had this happen on my living room Hopper. It prompted me if I wanted to set the timer on my basement Hopper. Pretty neat feature.

I seen this with Hopper with sling with two Hoppers connected. Would be nice if it actually told me it created a conflict instead of saying that it "might" create a conflict. It's a start and at least it's saying that it will record to the other Hopper. Kinda scary that someone can cause a conflict on your Hopper as well though.

BUT, be aware that the TIMER has been created at the OTHER Hopper and will stay there RECORDING on that OTHER HOPPER for the future if it is other than a ONCE timer. So, your mate at the other Hopper may DELETE that timer thinking it is some sort of error either BEFORE your first recording or AFTERwards for all future recordings.

After having experienced this feature (which is GREAT), I have decided that I am only going to use it for ONCE recordings, so I don't have to mess with the other Hopper. Instead, I just let MY HOPPER recording the LATER showing of the episode, if available. It is MUCH less of a headache that way.

BE AWARE that this option is offered even if the THIRD TUNER IS AVAILABLE to record (purple icon). So, in fact, you can record it on your own Hopper, but it seems designed to allow you be able to watch LIVE TV while recording that 3rd program. Keep this stuff in mind before you gleefully select to have the other Hopper record. It may be far better to record the later showing. However, if you only have one chance for that recording, this feature is GREAT for OCASSIONAL use.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)