Slingbox Campaign Targets Limitations Of TV Everywhere

dfergie

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
The campaign, expected to be in full force next year, features the fictitious Dr. Jurgen Tittade (he’s on Twitter, by the way!), who pokes fun at a made-up condition called “Can’t Watch Anywhere Pain,” or C.W.A.P.
“Those with C.W.A.P. suffer from the false belief that they can watch live television anywhere, anytime they like. The truth is—they can’t,” Sling Media explains on this web site that serves as a teaser for the upcoming consumer campaign.

The cure for this condition? A Slingbox, of course.

multichannel.com

Saw 0ne of the ads yesterday. Nothing really does work as well as a slingbox but you do have to buy the box, and buy the app if you want to use a tablet or phone. Watching from a computer requires nothing extra to buy. My favorite way overall is to use the WD player that has a built in (free) Slingbox app.

Reactions: osu1991
They have that similar point on their website. Agreed, it is the cost of the box, although the M1 is the best priced ever--and it has all the latest capabilities, and the audacity to charge for the app for each and every mobile device you want to watch Sling that can be hard to swallow. Otherwise, it really is the best TV Everywhere solution with no content limitations.

Saw 0ne of the ads yesterday. Nothing really does work as well as a slingbox but you do have to buy the box, and buy the app if you want to use a tablet or phone. Watching from a computer requires nothing extra to buy. My favorite way overall is to use the WD player that has a built in (free) Slingbox app.
I use the Windows app on a couple of old netbooks I have connected to my LR and BR TV's. The latest app is better than the browser plugin.

I'm a longtime Slinger, and a general fan of their stuff. But, charging for the mobile app is BS. At least they lowered it from the absolutely obscene $30 to "only" $15.

Reactions: Tampa8
Sling Box is even better than the Dish Sling app, you get a virtual remote just like the one with your device and it has all the functions.

The Sling app isn't as easy for beginning users to understand as the dish app. The dish app layout and configuration in my opinion, is far better than the Sling app. The Sling app is better for the power user.