Joey Signal Loss but plays DVR just fine

athek

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 19, 2008
Eastern Washington
I recently moved my Joey to another room. Upon first powering up/rebooting the Joey I can view any channel just fine until I change the channel. Once I change the channel it says channel signal loss, however I can watch the DVR just fine.

Do you think I have a faulty wiring? I checked the connections and they look fine, I am starting to wonder if a cable is bad. If I wait 5-10 minutes the channels re-appear in full HD.

Would the DVR recordings work fine but not the Satellite channels?

On the diagnostics page it says that the Moca1 and Moca A2 node quality is good.

Anything else I should check?

When you did that, did you also get channel sig loss?
No signal loss, it seems to be working fine. I think this is an intermittent issue.

The unit wouldn't cause anything like this would it?

I would think that if its a wiring issue it would either work or not?

I went upstairs to check the hooper and it's having the same issue, looks like 119 isn't coming in.

I have a second hopper and it's getting 119 and everything is working fine.

I have 2 HWS, 1 Joey.

Whatever the dish guy uses, they are some 18 guage wires. I'm starting to think if I should buy a duo node. Looks like they are under 30$. I do recall not seeing tuner 3 on the Joey for a brief time last night. I just checked and I can see it again.

I think that statement is a little exaggerated. If it didn't have a black dot on it, then yes, higher probability of issues, when paired with specific lnbs. Cold weather affected them but they would function normally when moved inside or into a warmer location.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

What are the odds of doing damage to either the duo node or Hopper by incorrectly hooking up a joey? It looks like I just plugged the Joey into another location without redoing any of the wiring.

I still am losing 119 on one hoper but receiving it on the other one.
I am still losing tuners on tuner 1 and 3 intermittently.

I'm at the point where I pay the $95 tech visit or getting the protection plan, not sure what option yet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)