Joey skip proplems

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

brad1138

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 20, 2006
Red Dwarf
I have had this problem with both joeys since I installed it 3 months ago or so. "skip back" and "skip forward" do not function properly. I rarely watch the Hopper, not sure if it happens there also.

Skip back is rarely 10 seconds, it is usually somewhere between 5 & 20 seconds. Commonly if you hit skip back once, it just goes back a few seconds and then within the next few seconds it jumps back to live on it's own. We now always hit skip back twice to make sure we are far enough back so that it doesn't jump to live on its own. This is a pain in the neck and I am tired of hearing my family complain about it.

Is anyone else having this problem?

Thanks,
Brad

Apparently no one else is having this problem, or has heard of it. I guess I will look into replacing my Hopper, can't see how it could be a Joey.

I have this problem on my Joey, but I think it's only an issue with live TV. Haven't done much testing/research into the exact conditions that cause this, but it definitely does not happen on my two Hoppers.

skip back/forward have had problems on even the vip series receivers for a while too...

Hadn't seen the last few replies on this. Glad (I guess) to see I am not alone. I have had VIP recs since they first came out and never had this problem with them.

I also notice this on the Joeys, mainly when pausing and skipping forward in increments.

Skip back is a problem on my Joeys. No matter how many times I press, it does like a pause. I have to Rewind to go back. The hopper works fine.

I'm still on S217/S268...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)