So, where is the bluetooth?

chikagobnd

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 3, 2007
lynchburg, va
I've been wondering this for a while, but haven't asked the question as the lack of discussion on the topic leads me to believe I'm one of the few who care about this feature. I was excited when the CSR informed me of the Hopper's Bluetooth audio capability when I switched back a few months ago, and was equally excited when I saw this feature touted on E's website. So, needless to say, when I found out it was a feature that (so far) is non-existent, I was a bit dismayed. This is a feature that would be great for me personally, and was just wondering if anyone has insight on when this feature may be available.

If you look under settings in the menu, you will see a headphones icon. This isn't implemented yet, but I think it is what you are looking for. Bluetooth headphones?

PS. Sorry I keep hitting report instead of reply mods. I guess I feel reply should be in the long press menu not the one at the bottom. Heh.

Yeah, that's what I'm talking about, the bluetooth headphones. I've seen the logo there since the receiver was installed. Click on it and get the message "This Feature Coming is Soon". I noticed in the S213 update that the Headphones icon moved out of the audio folder and now has its own spot in the settings menu which leads me to believe it is on E's agenda. At least I'm hoping so.

I actually saw a working demonstration of the Bluetooth at team Summit. It worked great but had a tiny tiny tiny little delay in the Audio.

As far as I know EchoStar is waiting for Broadcom to officially release the Bluetooth stack update before they can roll it out to us. It is all in broadcoms now.

I actually saw a working demonstration of the Bluetooth at team Summit. It worked great but had a tiny tiny tiny little delay in the Audio.

As far as I know EchoStar is waiting for Broadcom to officially release the Bluetooth stack update before they can roll it out to us. It is all in broadcoms now.

Scott,

Do you happen to know how the bluetooth works? Will it be native to the Hopper or will it require bluetooth headphones that come with a USB receiver to pair with the Hopper?

Scott,

Do you happen to know how the bluetooth works? Will it be native to the Hopper or will it require bluetooth headphones that come with a USB receiver to pair with the Hopper?

Native to the Hopper, to pair you pair your Bluetooth headphones per the instructions that came with your headphones. Then do a Bluetooth search on the Hopper and when it finds your headphones enter the passcode that was given to you in your headphone instructions.

Scott Greczkowski said:
Native to the Hopper, to pair you pair your Bluetooth headphones per the instructions that came with your headphones. Then do a Bluetooth search on the Hopper and when it finds your headphones enter the passcode that was given to you in your headphone instructions.

Sweet. I have a bestbuy credit that's expiring soon and that was the only thing that came to mind to use it on.

Did you mean you can do this now or when the Bluetooth feature is turned on?

As far as I know EchoStar is waiting for Broadcom to officially release the Bluetooth stack update before they can roll it out to us. It is all in broadcom's hands now.

i can't imagine much has changed since two weeks ago.

viggen61 said:
That would be nice, though I'd prefer a remote app for my iPad that does for Hopper/Joey what Apple's Remote app does for the Apple TV.
We already have that. It called DISH Remote Access. Start the app, select Remote.

Brussam said:
Did you mean you can do this now or when the Bluetooth feature is turned on?
When the feature is enabled.

DustoMan said:
We already have that. It called DISH Remote Access. Start the app, select Remote.

Interesting. I can see in the App Store there should be an icon of a remote on my iPad, but I don't get it. and on the iPhone, selecting "More" shows no selection for remote.

iPad 2, 64 GB wifi, DRA 3.1.3
iPhone 4, 32 GB AT&T, DRA 2.6.2

Is there something on the Hopper that needs setting?

I DO see all my DVR items, so it is connecting to my Hopper.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

My dish app on my iPhone did not have the remote menu item once I moved to Hopper. It was there for my 722 though. Looks like something they didn't implement yet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts