Joey System Problem

Ninjajr

Original poster
Mar 18, 2020
yucaipa, ca
First my Hopper, Access Point box and 3 Joeys are 20 years old. I regularly get Error code 015a, signal loss on the TVs hooked up to joeys. It is hit and miss which ones get it. In the morning I may get two joeys to work. They sometimes work when I reset system and/or joey. The main receiver works 90% of the time w/o being reset. These probs are regardless of weather. cables are new and antennae position not changed. Any ideas?

Any ideas?

Are you using MoCA on those Joeys? If so, you might try going hard-wired Ethernet instead. I have a J3 that is working on wired Ethernet just the same as it was on MoCA.

If that doesn't work, have Dish replace those Joeys. If you have the original Hopper, you might consider upgrading to the H3 and J3's.

Reactions: charlesrshell
First my Hopper, Access Point box and 3 Joeys are 20 years old. I regularly get Error code 015a, signal loss on the TVs hooked up to joeys. It is hit and miss which ones get it. In the morning I may get two joeys to work. They sometimes work when I reset system and/or joey. The main receiver works 90% of the time w/o being reset. These probs are regardless of weather. cables are new and antennae position not changed. Any ideas?
We certainly don't like seeing you having these problems with the equipment, Ninjajr, and would love to check some things to help get this resolved.

Have you checked to make sure all the coax cables are tightened at all the ports on the back of the Hopper, and the wall? Also, have you tried doing a whole home reset?

A whole home reset is where you unplug all the receivers, then plug only the Hopper back in first. Once the Hopper has started back up and isn't showing any errors, plug the Joey's back in.

-Jessica M.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Are you using MoCA on those Joeys? If so, you might try going hard-wired Ethernet instead. I have a J3 that is working on wired Ethernet just the same as it was on MoCA.

If that doesn't work, have Dish replace those Joeys. If you have the original Hopper, you might consider upgrading to the H3 and J3's.
I THINK THE AcCESSPOINT IS FAILING .... thanks for pointing that out... I think I need to upgrade equipment anyway

Reactions: TheKrell
We certainly don't like seeing you having these problems with the equipment, Ninjajr, and would love to check some things to help get this resolved.

Have you checked to make sure all the coax cables are tightened at all the ports on the back of the Hopper, and the wall? Also, have you tried doing a whole home reset?

A whole home reset is where you unplug all the receivers, then plug only the Hopper back in first. Once the Hopper has started back up and isn't showing any errors, plug the Joey's back in.

-Jessica M.
thank you Ill try that again

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts