Purchase a Dish receiver to work with EHD

pjw1967

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 7, 2012
The Woodlands, TX
I was thinking about buying a DISH receiver to work with my EHDs in the garage. Distance is too far for the Joey to work. Idea is to hook it up as the main receiver, get it operational with the EHDs and then move it. If I understand correctly, the recordings on a DVR/EHD will play if the receiver is offline. That's what the message says when the receiver goes off line during a storm. And comments on this plan? Best receiver to buy off eBay? Thanks.

Or, you could put a second dish on the garage and run a check switch when you move the receiver from place to place and have full functionality at either place. What is your current receiver?

Reactions: charlesrshell
If I understand correctly, the recordings on a DVR/EHD will play if the receiver is offline. That's what the message says when the receiver goes off line during a storm. And comments on this plan? Best receiver to buy off eBay? Thanks.

I think you see that message only if the receiver remains powered and your EHD was recently authenticated from the satellite. If it is unpowered when you move it from one place to another, I don't think you can still view programs on the EHD until it can see the satellites again. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Reactions: pjw1967

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)