joey to component video adapter

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

manteca

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 24, 2007
anyone knows if this type of adapter will work with a joey to convert the hdmi to component? or i need a better powered adapter? is for use the joey with a projector that only accepts component video. thanks for your answers!

Attachments

• hdmicomp.JPG
    hdmicomp.JPG
    9.8 KB · Views: 259
these are some specs from the listing: "Transfers uncompressed digital audio or video files in high definition. Fully HDCP compliant to provide highest level of signal quality. Fully compatible with High Speed HDMI specification (Version 1.3b). Transfer Digital Audio and Video signals at warp speed of 10.2 Gigabits per second!" maybe those specs are false or the cable is just to convert from component to HDMI and not the other way.

these are some specs from the listing: "Transfers uncompressed digital audio or video files in high definition. Fully HDCP compliant to provide highest level of signal quality. Fully compatible with High Speed HDMI specification (Version 1.3b). Transfer Digital Audio and Video signals at warp speed of 10.2 Gigabits per second!" maybe those specs are false or the cable is just to convert from component to HDMI and not the other way.
Since HDCP can't exist in the world of component video, there's no way this gizmo can be compliant. It may lie and say that it is a view only device but that's clearly not HDCP is designed to work.

Based on the description, that cable will not work. Is it a low-priced cable? If so, that would tell me that it does not have a DAC which is required for HDMI-to-Component Video conversion. Even if by some slim chance it does, it will most likely not be HDCP-compliant. Monoprice used to sell a DAC (Monoprice 108125) that was HDCP-compliant, but it has since been discontinued. I had heard that it didn't produce the best picture in the world (picture shifted to the left.) The HDFury2 is HDCP-compliant and is said to produce a crisp picture. It only supports 2.0CH PCM through its analog/TOSLINK outputs and they are unamplified so they're no good without an amp unless you hook them directly to the TV. The other option is to use an HDMI splitter to feed your preamp or use the TOSLINK directly from the Joey. If you need more than 2.0CH PCM from the DAC then you will need the HDFury3. Both devices are costly.

I have a Super Joey in a room with an older TV that only has component inputs. I use a Konex HDRGBRL and it works fine for everything except premium channels which have HDCP that doesn't recognize the converter as compliant. Here is a link to Amazons page for this converter:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BW0XXZ6/?tag=satell01-20

One way around HDCP is to install a HDMI splitter, i.e. Model VHD-1X2MN3D, here is Amazons page:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004F9LVXC/?tag=satell01-20

It is HDCP complaint. Place it between the SJoey and the HDMI/Component adapter.

This arrangement has been working fine for my needs here, originally with a Joey and for the last 5 weeks with a Super Joey.

"Fully HDCP compliant"

I'll bet it is! If HDCP is required, it will not pass the signal, just like the spec says.

But not everything out of an HDMI port uses HDCP, like bobc469 said.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts