Software Version S342 is here

carpexnoctem

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 8, 2014
United States
This morning a new software upgrade happened. S342 is now here after having S338 since only March 5th. Hopefully it addresses most of the recording, timer, and tuner issues we've been dealing with this month and reporting and complaining about.

Glad it made it. Will see how OTA recordings go today. Little blue S for the saved PTAT shows still not there. Guess it will never come back. Will check out the remote control color buttons later today.

It appears the OTA timers start early/end late is not fixed. A two minute start early is not showing up in for an OTA timer in the Daily Schedule. It does show in my Timers list. I deleted and set another series timer and it still does not show up. In another Hopper the Satellite local timer is OK. I sure hope the pixel issue is cleared up. Have an 8 AM CST OTA timer set to fire for CW channel on two Hoppers. Will post later on how goes it.

Still on 338 but did it fix the damn issue with joeys not linking up to a hopper or hoppers if two hoppers are connected to internet and so on?? This has been a huge problem for installers that roll on a service call for this issue and then try to explain this problem to people that are basically deer in headlights at this point. I drove an hour to tell someone this and unlink a hopper from wifi to help prevent it when CSR could have done this over the phone.

As usual, only one of my two HWS got the update. I suspected something was different since an hour had passed and it still hadn't bothered me with the update message as it has all month. It should be noted that when these software updates take place, they don't ask, they just happen as long as you don't have an active recording. As soon as I stopped Unsupervised at 2:05 a.m., my screen was overtaken by the message: [061] 'Vital program information will now be downloaded into your receiver. Do not disturb or unplug the receiver until this screen disappears.' with a process bar and a button to cancel. Once this is complete you get the final step with: [303] 'Your receiver's memory is now being programmed. Do not disturb or unplug your receiver!' The update was completed at 3:02 a.m. During this time I sent recordings to the living room since I knew I'd be unable to get them. This had that Hopper busy recording until 5 a.m. so I'm not surprised it missed it. I'm making a point to leave it free and on standby to encourage it to grab the update for Saturday morning.

So far, I can't determine what has been fixed or changed with S342. Perhaps better stability? I've been recording the Helix marathon on Syfy with back-to-back episodes since 7 a.m. and it hasn't gotten stuck with "Helix is about to begin recording" -- I have 5 episodes remaining with a two hour break until tonight's season finale. Of course, the irony is I had first-run recordings of all episodes since the premiere. The last Hopper update made those all unplayable up to "Fushigi", so this is my consolation prize. The true test will be tonight during primetime when I'll be trying to record several shows over several networks.

Last edited:
Found mine trying to download around 11:40pm, just when I wanted to watch tv - after 20+ minutes it was only half done & I ended up rebooting, thought it had locked up. It finished in the middle of the night.

Has not fixed the inconsistent timer/conflict issue, some of mine are automatically recording the next scheduled showing but others are not, skipping it altogether. Still need to babysit timers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts