Software Version S342 is here

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I noticed today that I had a timer disappear. I set a timer a few days ago to record the UFC Fight Night that comes on Fox Sports 1 tonight. And also set a timer for the Ultimate Fighter that comes on after Fight Night. Well I just got home from work and noticed the timer for Fight Night was gone completely (timer for Ultimate Fighter is still there). It kinda makes me wonder how many other timers I'm losing with this crappy S342 software. This is on top of the other issue with events being cancelled by user. I guess it's sort of sad that I record so much stuff I'm unsure if I've missed anything.

Again, this may have been reported, but if it was I didn't see it. If you use the *(format) button to change the display of a channel, the HWS remembers it, when you return to that channel. But it also reverts to the format that was set on any other channel, ie Normal on HD channels.

Well, it's almost impossible now for me to transfer anything to an EHD. And unplugging an EHD can result in a forced reboot. Both HWS are affected. WAIT- Where have I heard this before? :(

Unplugging the usb to an ehd has always been iffy. Often caused a reboot. Your better off pulling the power first.
I actually wouldn't recommend that either. I unplugged the EHD's power pack from the power strip before pulling the USB cord from the receiver once and although it seems logical, it still caused the HWS to reset. If I have something important recording, I've learned to just be patient and wait.

Yes try to pick a time with no recordings, no immediate need to see, but before the IHD gets too full.
Yes pulling power is less likely to cause a reboot than pulling the USB--maybe 10% vs. 30%.
The current software seems more fragile that before. Many changes can cause rebooting.

Now if I could only get so many programs that stop transfer with less than 6 sec left, to go, it would help.
My backlog is filling the internal hard drive.

Adding to the trouble is the inability to select higher alphabetic tiles especially during the day.
-Ken

Last edited:
Well, I have a couple of H2Ks with S431, the dual of HWS342, but that thread is dead so I'll post it here. Last night there were 2 Big Bang episodes. When I selected them for saving the blue S showed up on the sub folder but not on the icon in the PTAT folder. I haven't seen that for several updates so maybe they are starting to resurrect it.

Well, I have a couple of H2Ks with S431, the dual of HWS342, but that thread is dead so I'll post it here. Last night there were 2 Big Bang episodes. When I selected them for saving the blue S showed up on the sub folder but not on the icon in the PTAT folder. I haven't seen that for several updates so maybe they are starting to resurrect it.
The blue S has never been completely gone in a folder list view, I have seen it occasionally since it first "went away". It seems like the system only shows two icons, and usually others like AutoHop and "New" take precedence, haven't figured out the (il)logic of it. With everyone else in wishing it was really back.

Last edited:
A new software version is on its way and is currently being beta tested among employees and staff. S347 is expected to be available to the public as soon as May 9th. While they didn't get into specifics I was assured that many of the recording and timer issues have been addressed.

Had some issues with Hopper saying programs were 100% watched and I had never watched them since last update. Hope they fix that.

Another thing I hope they add someday is "Cast And Crew". I had that with Direct. It was neat. You click on the movie you are watching and all the actors names appear. You could then click say, on a actor and every movie the actor was in would appear. You also got the actors biography.

A new software version is on its way and is currently being beta tested among employees and staff. S347 is expected to be available to the public as soon as May 9th. While they didn't get into specifics I was assured that many of the recording and timer issues have been addressed.

I'm sure you signed a Non Disclosure Agreement, as an employee. In that agreement, you were not to divulge anything involved with future developments in progress..... ;)

I'm sure you signed a Non Disclosure Agreement, as an employee. In that agreement, you were not to divulge anything involved with future developments in progress..... ;)
We've been getting info like this from DISHscribers ever since Dish made this tweak in the way they push out final releases (probably over a year). this has nothing to do with development or true beta testing. They've just started pushing out updates earlier to employees who are subscribed to Dish. Customers used to be in in this same group and would end up getting punished with bugs and pulled releases. Now Dish employees get punished first.

Last edited:
I actually wouldn't recommend that either. I unplugged the EHD's power pack from the power strip before pulling the USB cord from the receiver once and although it seems logical, it still caused the HWS to reset. If I have something important recording, I've learned to just be patient and wait.

...and will be no fat, low carbs, taste great and win the war for the allies. Or: Break nothing, not lose any current features, not slow operation and introduce Hopper integration? :rolleyes:

...... Now Dish employees get punished first.

:cheer2:

;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)