Software Version S342 is here

I've seen no improvements!!
The inability to see all tiles makes it hard to find the high alphabetic entries that are not recent.
That the list stops in the same place and later on will show them all indicates the DVR is the problem.
It is some list limit that we cannot control nor get around.

It is aggravated by having many recordings that stop in the last 0 to 6 seconds of their transfer.
You try for 5 or more minutes and then get the error notice and do it again. But that just repeats it.
Repeating the same actions and expecting different results is the definition of insanity for some.

These recordings generally came from another EHD so they worked once and just won't now.
I would use new recordings but so may are repeated infrequently, if at all.

The transfer speed (say 15X) is much greater than the play speed assuming it works at all.
That speed could be much higher still if Dish made full use of USB 3.0, or even all of USB 2.0.
I'm doing what I can with 3 or 4 simultaneous transfers, which much better than the 722 could do.

Please fix the error messages to have the right External Device number and give us names for the EHDs.

-Ken

Maybe.... The 100% viewed is how it's designed to work, even though it sounds odd. Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!
No, how the 100% Watched is behaving lately is not intended to be a feature (but it might as well be since it's been carried over with three updates now). I don't see any intentional benefit from having shows and movies which you recorded but didn't even watch saving as '100% Watched' when you haven't even viewed them.

The only benefit I can think of is that you could verify the end of program is recorded.
It would be useful if, in general, you go to the end to check it out.
Now you have to fast forward there. Although some times it loses track of the end.
At least on the Hopper you can back off the end of an EHD. Not possible on 722.
-Ken

Got both mine updated the other night finally, I put both back on wireless and off bridging and haven't seen any issues thus far. I sure hope this fixed the problem about the joeys losing or not finding the hoppers if two hoppers are connected to broadband..this was a huge issue for service calls.

I tried to transfer 7 Harry Porter movies to an EHD. The 6 recorded on ABCF transferred without error. The one recorded on HBO had a error in transferring in the last seconds and could never complete. I never had this problem in all my other transfers. Has HBO added protection to keep their movies from being transferred or is this a DVR SW problem?