Joey with a 922

rglore

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Mar 12, 2006
Louisville
Jarventgroup posted this in the installer forum:

Found out today that you can run a Joey off a 922 rcvr by placing a tap on the line before the 922 rcvr. Who knew. Still only two tuners though. Gets you HD at the 2nd TV.

I would like to see that in action. Also, how would one get a Joey activated on the same account as a 922 anyway?

Good question. But Wow, what a surprise!

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Highly doubt the 922 has MoCA. If the Joey communicates with the 922 at all I would bet on it being via Ethernet.

But all in all, who cares? Not like Dish will allow anyone to activate a Joey on a 922 account anyway.

Highly doubt the 922 has MoCA. If the Joey communicates with the 922 at all I would bet on it being via Ethernet.

But all in all, who cares? Not like Dish will allow anyone to activate a Joey on a 922 account anyway.

Good point about the Ethernet as the transport. Still makes me wonder about how the sat stream data stream gets onto the Ethernet.

A curiosity since as you say it would not be activated this way. It does almost make me want a 922.

Posted Via The SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I suspect there was something else plugged into the TV besides a Joey. ;) If a Joey can function as a Sling Extender (which was never released), I'd be flabbergasted. Sure would be nice, though.

I suspect there was something else plugged into the TV besides a Joey. ;) If a Joey can function as a Sling Extender (which was never released), I'd be flabbergasted. Sure would be nice, though.

If so, that would be nice as I think it would work with any sling. If I can use my kindle or iPhone as a sling extender (to the built in screen), or PC for that matter, and the joey has a client app (android probably) it would work, conceivably. Then again, it would work like my kindle, iPhone or PC does as sling extender, less than ideal for trick play, etc. But it would be great on a third TV.

I could probably find a way to play around with this. Maybe. I know the OP in this thread wasn't the real OP, but I'd like to know more in regards to how this came about. I'll try PM'ing with the original OP.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts