Joey

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
How come you can’t move a Joey receiver into another room ?. I did and it would not work. Put it back and it’s just fine.
Typically, the only cables connected to the Hub/Node are cables actually being used. Open connections can cause signal loss via ingress of other signals or frequencies via open ports. Dish is not the cable company where typical splitters are used to send signal to every outlet. Hopper systems are cabled in a specific way

Reactions: charlesrshell
What version Joey did you move? Was it a wireless Joey? If it is a wired Joey, is the coax that you hooked it up to connected at the Hub/Node?
. Ran more coax into another room from the wall outlet about 50 feet through the basement and back to the main floor Joey moved about 12 feet

. Ran more coax into another room from the wall outlet about 50 feet through the basement and back to the main floor Joey moved about 12 feet
Let's see if I have the picture correct. You had a Joey wired to a particular wall outlet and it worked there. You wanted to move that Joey to another room. So you ran a new coax from that same wall outlet to the other room and the Joey does not work there. Is that correct? If it is, I would look at my my new coax connections first. Are the stingers long enough to make a connection within the wall outlet and at the Joey? Did you build this coax yourself, ran a raw coax and then attached connectors to each end? If so I would rebuild the connectors. When you ran that coax did you have any hard bends, like close to 90°? Did you staple that coax? Look for a staple that might have punctured the coax. It would seem that the signal is open or the coax is grounded. Just some things to check.

If you bought a premade cable realize that there is some real lousy stuff on the market, and it was probably too long - the shorter the better. If you made the cable yourself, which is easy to do, did you use high quality RG6? If you don't have one, spring for the kit with a special coax stripper, compression fittings, and the tool for the compression fittings, it will make your life so much easier.

If the wall outlet has a clear insulator, it is may be the problem. Just adding enough impedance to drop signal below threshold of reception. you can look at setup on the Hopper to see if it has a connection to your Joey.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)