Joey4k and netflix???

Rixos

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 12, 2015
Sacramento
Seriously what happened? First it was giving time then coming soon but it has been months and no netflix still. What is the meaning of coming soon? A year? Two? Anybody have any updates?

And yes like many i have netflix on my tv but this was advertised and it is easier for wife and me to use.

Ultimately Netflix makes their software, and want things to their specs... so if something is not to their specs they go to Echostar to get them fixed... now unfortunately many of the issues that Netflix finds are issues with drivers for the chipsets so when they find those issues Echostar then must go to the chip set maker and have new drivers made or updated to meet with Netflix's request... and there are times when changes are made that are requested that do not work like Netflix thought, so its another game of back and forth until its tuned just right for Netflix... once that is done then it gets approved and is released to the public.

Netflix is very protective of its software as they want a great experience for everyone no matter what platform they are on.

Based on Netflix 4K UHD not being available on Samsung TV's prior to the 2016 models, but Amazon and Vudu are I am thinking it's Netflix where the problem is or at the least Samsung also not going to make changes they want for older models.

Based on Netflix 4K UHD not being available on Samsung TV's prior to the 2016 models, but Amazon and Vudu are I am thinking it's Netflix where the problem is or at the least Samsung also not going to make changes they want for older models.

The Evolution boxes were the fix for 2015 Samsungs. Mine works fine. Samsung made it clear that the upgrade path would be available through the Evolution port as standards stabilized. It makes for a nice installation - all connections go to the Evolution box, the only wires to the TV are power and the One-connect cable.

Amazon product ASIN B00V9Z6392
I got mine through a Black Friday deal for $273. All of the HDMI ports are compliant.

The Evolution boxes were the fix for 2015 Samsungs. Mine works fine. Samsung made it clear that the upgrade path would be available through the Evolution port as standards stabilized. It makes for a nice installation - all connections go to the Evolution box, the only wires to the TV are power and the One-connect cable.

Amazon product ASIN B00V9Z6392
I got mine through a Black Friday deal for $273. All of the HDMI ports are compliant.

Yes, I have a 2015 Samsung with separate (SEK) connections. That has no bearing at all on streaming with a Samsung Netflix App. I don't believe it is possible for you to be currently getting Netflix 4K UHD (HDR) via the Samsung App on a smart TV prior to the 2016 models while you can get it from the Amazon app for instance. My Samsung gets 4K and 4K UHD with no problem from an HDMI input, Plex or plex like programs, or as mentioned from the Amazon App, but not from Netflix if it's UHD(HDR).

As long as Netflix turns out to work as flawlessly on the 4K Joey as it does on my hopper 3 I'll be okay to wait a little while longer.

Ok blame Netflix for no Netflix. Seems like a poor marketing chose to keep their customers from using their product. Dish has no outside excuse for not getting PIP to work on the 4K Joey. I gave up 2 HWS that had PIP to get a H3 and 4K Joey based on Dish advertising saying the 4K Joey would have PIP. Having been with Dish since they started I should be use to long delays to get advertised features. We never did get full Hopper integration. The H3 was a way to avoid that disaster.

I think before getting netflix fixed, they shouldn't advertise it in the first place. And how hard it is to put netflix on joey? Pretty much every device big or small brand has netflix on them. Dish cant get it to work?

I don't think we will see PIP on the 4K Joeys. (I hope I am wrong)

Rixos read above, its Netflix who's making the Netflix software for DISH. DISH is just waiting for Netflix. (And I can tell you it is being worked on by Netflix) :)

Reactions: Rixos and Tampa8
I think before getting netflix fixed, they shouldn't advertise it in the first place. And how hard it is to put netflix on joey? Pretty much every device big or small brand has netflix on them. Dish cant get it to work?

No doubt they could get 2K to work. I'm not necessarily defending DISH on this, but as I posted Samsung one of the biggest TV manufacturers and leading 4K manufacturer can not make full use of their Netflix app and may never on models before 2016. I see many instances of problems with the Netflix 4K app when people are not having problems with other services aside from what I personally experience and see in my TV's forum.
Just one example;
https://www.reddit.com/r/Roku/comments/49m7kz/netflix_uhd_titles_not_showing_on_roku_4/

To this day Netflix 4K app does report my download speed correctly, way lower than it really is.

I don't remember full integration for 2 Hoppers ever being advertised. Requested by customers, but never advertised.

If PIP is not ever turned on and Netflix does not work on the 4K Joey. Why did dish charge us $50.00 dollars for a product that does less than a regular Joey 2.0? Not a noticeable difference in speed the only advantage of the 4K box is Bluetooth.

If PIP is not ever turned on and Netflix does not work on the 4K Joey. Why did dish charge us $50.00 dollars for a product that does less than a regular Joey 2.0? Not a noticeable difference in speed the only advantage of the 4K box is Bluetooth.

It also outputs 4K resolution (when and if content is available), the Joey 2.0/WJ can't do that.

Just upgrading to the 4K Joey and getting a box that actually performs well and isn't a slow laggy mess was worth my $50. Something that feels like modern technology. I am disappointed in the fact that these features weren't available upon launch of the product though.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys mobile app

Reactions: DWS44
Yes, I have a 2015 Samsung with separate (SEK) connections. That has no bearing at all on streaming with a Samsung Netflix App. I don't believe it is possible for you to be currently getting Netflix 4K UHD (HDR) via the Samsung App on a smart TV prior to the 2016 models while you can get it from the Amazon app for instance. My Samsung gets 4K and 4K UHD with no problem from an HDMI input, Plex or plex like programs, or as mentioned from the Amazon App, but not from Netflix if it's UHD(HDR).

SEK 3500 does 10 bit HDR. Netflix just started adding additional HDR. Previously it was only Marco Polo.

I'll try one more time, my point has been made.
None of the information you are adding has anything all to do with the actual Netflix App on a Samsung Smart TV prior to the 2016 KS models. Similar to the Netflix App on the Joey, the Netflix app on the Samsung has not been updated.The Netflix App on a Samsung Smart TV prior to 2016 will not play HDR material. Period. You are not streaming HDR material from Netflix using the Samsung Smart TV Netflix App from a 2015 or prior TV. I have never said the TV is not capable of it, I have never said Netflix has no HDR material that Samsung can play. The actual APP that does not get updated by Netflix is the problem, for whatever reason that it doesn't. If you are going to insist what I posted is not true, please post in the link below and let everyone know they are wrong.

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/166-l...1936329-samsung-js9500-owners-thread-353.html
The posts there mimic the ones here and are centered around the actual Netflix App - it could be Samsung needing to update Tizen, could be Netflix, but whatever the reason what I posted is 100% correct about HDR from Netflix using their Samsung Smart TV app, while the Amazon App works.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts