Joeys stuck in 981a Boot Recovery Screen

kopyone

Original poster
Jul 20, 2023
USA
noticed Tuesday that our Joey's were stuck on the 981a boot recovery screen.
Dish suggested that i go into the hopper technician settings menu and reset the Joey files.
now the joey files will not download. It just says "Available Joey Software: N/A"

i have tried everything I can think of, and the hopper will not download the joey software.

Has anyone had this issue before?

noticed Tuesday that our Joey's were stuck on the 981a boot recovery screen.
Dish suggested that i go into the hopper technician settings menu and reset the Joey files.
now the joey files will not download. It just says "Available Joey Software: N/A"

i have tried everything I can think of, and the hopper will not download the joey software.

Has anyone had this issue before?
Dish screwed you. That reset removes the Joey software from the Hopper.
The bootstrap is from a software mismatch/error on the Hopper.

You need a new Hopper, basically or hope a new software update happens ASAP

Dish is coming out Sunday afternoon. Guess I better start watching the shows I have DVR’d
You may ask the tech to check software version. If it's still on h343 they can update with USB. But if it's anything higher, you are pretty much out of luck.
If hopper does get replaced make sure tech uses your current remote to pair to new hopper and thus will automatically apply your internet settings and transfer your timers. You can also have tech transfer recordings from old receiver to new but it dies take 24-48 hours and in that case we leave receiver with you while it's transferring and have dish send a return shipping box for you to send it back in.

Dish screwed you. That reset removes the Joey software from the Hopper.
The bootstrap is from a software mismatch/error on the Hopper.

You need a new Hopper, basically or hope a new software update happens ASAP
It's intended to download updated joey software - I'll have to do some testing in the lab.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts