John Madden Retires

In reagrd to the EA football game, I think that will continue all he needs to do is add a few voiceovers that is easy money for him.

Lions fans, I have a feeling we will be getting a nice heaping of Matt Millen on Sunday nights???

In reagrd to the EA football game, I think that will continue all he needs to do is add a few voiceovers that is easy money for him.

Lions fans, I have a feeling we will be getting a nice heaping of Matt Millen on Sunday nights???

I hadn't thought about that - MILLEN commenting on the Lion's! Too bad we won't ever be playing on a Sunday night. It's looking like a 9 game TV schedule. They'll sell out the first game, after that it will be blackout city, except for road games. Makes my "Daze of our Lions" a harder commentary when I can't see them.

Guess Black was right!!!!! He had sent me a PM awhile back about heavy rumors out in Oakland that he was gonna retire and that Al Davis MIGHT extend an GM offer......OMG, the 1st part of that rumor is right!!!

......*on his knees praying the 2nd part of that rumor was true*.....

John Madden Retires, Ends Sports TV Run

By Jon Lafayette
Dick Ebersol, chairman of NBC Sports, said Cris Collinsworth will replace Mr. Madden as the analyst on "Sunday Night Football." As for how Mr. Collinsworth's slot on NBC's studio show would be filled, Mr. Ebersol said that would be addressed in the coming weeks.

Source & More: tvweek.com

Truly an all-time great.

Everytime he was calling a game- regular-season, Sunday afternoon, Monday night, Thanksgiving, playoffs, Super Bowl, etc- it felt really special when he was behind the mike.

(Living in Buffalo- in the heart of NFC East territory, I heard him on a lot of CBS NFC games)

If anyone ever read the 'USA Today' sports media articles by Rudy Martzke, it seemed like there was a lot of great Madden-material- insightful quotes, good comentary, opinions on the state of the NFL, and his legendary journeys on the Maddencruiser. (One of my favorite lines- "Kickers are like golfers: They blame everything but themselves.'')

I could relate him in one way- he had a fear of flying (like me), so he always traveled by bus from game-to-game (For example, from Philly to the Meadowlands to San Francisco to the Superdome in the 1989-90 playoffs), which I thought was very unique

In a way, he was a guy who most people could relate to- the everyman announcer.

Collinsworth isn't horrible, he knows his stuff but he's just boring. If they could ever pry Phil Simms away from CBS I think he'd be a good team with Michaels.

Guess Black was right!!!!! He had sent me a PM awhile back about heavy rumors out in Oakland that he was gonna retire and that Al Davis MIGHT extend an GM offer......OMG, the 1st part of that rumor is right!!!

......*on his knees praying the 2nd part of that rumor was true*.....
Told you. He has been in Livermore!! He has been to the coliseum a lot lately!!:D:up Think about it RAIDER LOVERS and HATERS alike the old man has not gone stir crazy this year!! Re sign good character players let other non good characters go!:up

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts