Join the SatelliteGuys Folding@Home Team!

Wow, sorry I've not been checking in. Congratulations to our very own Voyager6 who is now in the 7 Million Point Club!! I hope it is in good shape since I left it a few weeks ago (sorry about the ink stain on the carpet under the couch).

Yah, congrats team.

Looks like my folders at my old job have finally started dropping off. :( New job is going well though. Once I start getting situated more I'll be able to add some cycles back to the team again.

I still need to a get a GPU and PSU for my quad core system. Should prover interesting as I am running vmware ESXi with server 2008 on it. I'm gonna see how vmware handles server 2008 running the SMP client with another virtual Win7 box running the GPU client. I have to believe it will be pretty seamless and vmware just seems to be smooth with whatever VM's I run. Alot depends on if ESXi will let the VM have access to the video card the client needs. I've gotten some client OS's to work by enabling direct IO, but not all play well.

If not, I save the card for the core 2 duo 8600 I have laying around. I have plans for a media center PC with win7, but best layed plans...

Last edited:
Wow, sorry I've not been checking in. Congratulations to our very own Voyager6 who is now in the 7 Million Point Club!! I hope it is in good shape since I left it a few weeks ago (sorry about the ink stain on the carpet under the couch).

Glad the job is going well, SatinKzo. Nice milestone, Voyager6.
Thanks guys. The club room seems to be in very good shape. Just a bit lonely here.;)

SatGuys is approaching 95 Million Points. We should hit it in a few days.:up At current production, SatGuys should hit 100 Million Points in about a month.:D

got a steal of a deal on 9800 GT today with 1 gb of ram ($20), so I just got it up and running for the team. With my new job, I'm now at 4 GPU's and 1 quad core SMP client, 1 Core 2 Duo smp (and whatever might still be running under my service accounts at my old job)

Last edited: