Join the SatelliteGuys Folding@Home Team!

Hit 3 million yesterday. :) It was very fast going from 2 to 3 million!

I found something that increased my points big time! Up until a few weeks ago, I never used a Passkey. I put in a passkey and my numbers spiked. On one of my machines it told me I was earning 611 points per day (An old iMac) well last night I put in my passkey and now that machine is earning 3711 points a day.... what a difference over 611 for processing the same thing!

Reactions: Foxbat
Something seems to be going on with the stats... When I looked last night I was over 3 million, but now I am at 2,999,556. And it says I haven't uploaded any work since 6 am yesterday, when I have 5 machines going and some of them are on different networks. And I know all 5 machines didn't fail... and I can see that they are all busy folding.

Stats must have taken the 4th off or something. :D

Congrats on 3 Million. Yep, looks like they are having server issues again.

Fortunately, every time that stats have gone down before nothing was lost. Just be prepared for a BIG spike when they come back.

And never fold without a passkey. No passkey, no bonus.

Finally it looks like the stats have been updated. :)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-07-07 at 7.48.42 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-07-07 at 7.48.42 AM.png
    107.1 KB · Views: 88
Reactions: Foxbat
Yeah, funny how the Stats server seems to know when it's a Holiday Weekend. The last hiccup was over Memorial Day.

So, Scott, here's an easy one: I have my EOC Stats block image in my sig, but it only seems to update once a day. Is that the server caching the image? Follow up question, is that image the same for everyone or does each user have their own individual copy?

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly.
  • Good: 70 Million Points!
  • Bad: my iMac doesn't want to Fold anymore.
  • Ugly: my daily PPD is no longer #1 on the Team... :p
So I guess I'll stop using the iMac for residual Folding padding. I really hadn't planned to use it to Fold, but I wanted to see what the 4.0 GHz i7 CPU could do. Unfortunately, the cooling fan makes quite the racket (my old Mac Pro was always whisper-quiet when Folding its brains out) so I ran it on the lowest Folding setting I could, using only 4 out of 8 cores.

One of my folding rigs the HD died, and then the other, it was so hot last couple of months it has not been folding a lot.

I put a new 2 terabyte drive in my machine and then loaded Windows 10 on it from scratch on Wednesday. It's back in action again.

Boy, when it rains, it pours! I stopped Folding on my iMac, then I noticed that the rig I was burning in had gotten into a start/die/repeat loop, even after a reboot. Now it looks like my star Folder is down. Time to go troubleshooting!

Well, it appears that bad WUs had invaded my systems. I was able to get the iMac Folding again, but I'll have to wait until I get home tonight to fix the Mac Pro with my GTX 960 card. As a result, I'm running at half-Warp capability. Hope no Klingons are prowling nearby...
Screen Shot 2015-08-13 at 10.21.55 AM.png

Reactions: KE4EST and FTA4PA
Gah! Apparently the combination of these Evil WUs and me trying things to try to fix the problem made everything worse. However, after updates to my Ubuntu Folders caused the NVIDIA drivers to fail (no CUDA) and when I downloaded new NVIDIA drivers I went too far. Seems the latest and greatest are only greatest for Gamers, not for Folders. Also, my GUI was gone and I couldn't bring up the Linux console (GRUB). I ended up at 346.87 which was released just last month. Versions 35x+ seem to cause unstable Folding. In my case, the GPU slots failed to detect CUDA. With the "new" drivers CUDA is v7000 and 5.0 so I'm good.

One other item I read is I should have used the "nvidia-settings" program and save the X11 configuration which is supposed to prevent the problems doing updates to the Ubuntu installation. So, one good outcome from all this is getting these workhorses current.

After all the drama, FAHControl shows that I'm back to over 235K PPD:
Screen Shot 2015-08-14 at 1.46.48 AM.png

Reactions: KE4EST
Maybe my mix of WUs is different, I don't seem to be as productive as I once was. But the Bigg Dipp is hopefully over:
production_day.php

(reference to Bigg Dipp only good until September 21, 2015)

Disappearance - 103 W AMC1/Spaceway 1/DirecTV 10/DirecTV 12

Software Update Coming