Join the SatelliteGuys Folding@Home Team!

I was getting all 0x18's at the first of summer, before it got too hot to fold full time.
Now that things have cooled down a bit and back to folding 24/7. I am getting a mix of 0x15 and 0x18.
Still got to get a HD for my other machine and bring it back to folding, at some point.

Reactions: Foxbat
Speaking of the heat, I have this basement office where my two GPU Folders reside. Now that they both have work to do, it is definitely warmer in there. I'm just glad that the heat down there doesn't make much of a dent in the rest of the house.

I did try using the nvidia-settings tool to change the Performance Settings from "Auto" to "Max Performance desired" on the GTX 960 card. I'll let it run for a few days to see if it makes much of a difference.

Thought I would post this while I can, this won't last long with me being ahead of Foxbat :D

FAH2.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: KE4EST
Yep, we're up another notch in the Team Rankings, to #120!
Looks like I'm back to our top Folder. :) Order in the Universe has been restored...
View attachment 109327
...until Scorpy and johninbricknj fire up their dormant Folding rigs! :D
Just one more day to overtake MicroMart-UK.:biggrin
I'll have to see which of my Folding computers is slacking.;)

Looks like we're continuing our climb through the rankings!
Screen Shot 2015-08-23 at 11.18.33 AM.png

Looking at our performance in terms of PPD, we're in the mid-60s:
Screen Shot 2015-08-23 at 11.24.54 AM.png

I got to take a look at things in a couple of days. Last windows update or Geforce update did something. They both happened the same day.
But anyway now it says it can't find a GPU. Other programs are working just fine with the 960.

Have you been to the Folding Forum to check the GPU support threads there? Chances are (if you're running Windows) that WU may have replaced your NVIDIA drivers with the Microsoft release version which doesn't Fold. On my Ubuntu boxes I had to revert to a lower version of the NVIDIA driver, too, as the Folding Client wants CUDA 5.0 and doesn't seem to support CUDA versions after that.

Looks like we're close to lapping some NASCAR fans. :D It's more fun to pass than to be passed.

Have you been to the Folding Forum to check the GPU support threads there? Chances are (if you're running Windows) that WU may have replaced your NVIDIA drivers with the Microsoft release version which doesn't Fold. On my Ubuntu boxes I had to revert to a lower version of the NVIDIA driver, too, as the Folding Client wants CUDA 5.0 and doesn't seem to support CUDA versions after that.
Fixed! I tried all driver things roll backs etc. Un-installed FAH(Making sure data was checked).....yada yada.....
Guess what the GPUs.txt file was empty. Strange, did some looking and found where someone else ran into the same thing.
Then got to looking on the FAH forums and someone there has the issue too. Downloading FAH is getting an empty GPUs.txt file.
Nobody knows if this is a Windows problem or FAH.

Anyway we are back to running now! :)

Fixed! I tried all driver things roll backs etc. Un-installed FAH(Making sure data was checked).....yada yada.....
Guess what the GPUs.txt file was empty. Strange, did some looking and found where someone else ran into the same thing.
Then got to looking on the FAH forums and someone there has the issue too. Downloading FAH is getting an empty GPUs.txt file.
Nobody knows if this is a Windows problem or FAH.

Anyway we are back to running now! :)
I found the same issue on one of my computers also. It was the "slacker". Had to copy the GPUs.txt file to the FAH folder and then add the GPU back in. I rebooted and it picked up a job right away. Now producing 66K ppd again.

Reactions: Foxbat and KE4EST
I know, I just thought maybe our servers were not grabbing the banners. :)

Disappearance - 103 W AMC1/Spaceway 1/DirecTV 10/DirecTV 12

Software Update Coming