Join the SatelliteGuys Folding@Home Team!

Around a month till 70,000,000 - hope it doesn't go flat :bday.

I has a couple of days at zero points last week when I rebuilt my PC. New motherboard, cpu, memory, and drives. Boy do you ever get a sinking feeling when you assemble it all, turn on the power and all you get is beep beep beep beep. :eek: I could just imagine Mrs Volts (aka Smashette) saying "you spent what on that and it doesn't even work?" :eeek Finally figured out there was something in one of the memory slots. Fixed that and, ahhhh! Any my graphics card works better plugged in to a more modern pcie slot.

Anyway I'm up again! It looks like were going to be passing a bunch of other teams soon. In the next month we pick up a new Lexus, then drive to Costco to get a new Mac and research some ancient scrolls with it. :)

Reactions: Voyager6 and Foxbat
There's a pair of Apples, one's a week out and the other is more like 6 weeks. As long as we keep cranking out the WUs we should be good on those timelines. Fall is in the air, temps are dropping and what better way to warm your home and and heart than Folding for curing some diseases?

Also, if we crank out another 200,000 points in the next four hours, we'll set a record for monthly SatelliteGuys.US Team Production!

I've got 213K coming but it won't be for another 13 hours....Got assigned a large 0x18.

"It was the Best of Times,
It was the Worse of Times"

The Best: ke4est has passed 20,000,000 Points! And Scott has passed 9,000,000 Points! Congratulations to both!
The Worse: It seems JMC98 has stopped Folding after passing 4,500,000 Points. :what2

Reactions: Voyager6 and KE4EST
I think I am finally ready to move up from a PS3, but instead of PS4, I am thinking of building a gaming PC.
I have been looking at the GTX970's and 80's. I think though if I do this I will go with two 960's in SLI and have better bang for the buck.
The reason I mention here is, I figure if I build a gaming PC, might as well have it folding when not playing a game.

Reactions: Foxbat and Voyager6
My prediction of SatelliteGuys.US making it into the Folding Top 100 by year's end is going to be close!

Edit: I thought I said Top 100, but I guess I was predicting 1,000,000,000 Points instead in post #3111
Edit#2: It appears that Scorpy is about to cross into uncharted territory for the SatGuys Folding Team: in less than six hours, Scorpion.sting will have achieved 200,000,000 Points!
:clapping:bluesbros:hatsoff:cool:

Last edited:
My mix of WUs haven't been very Pointed, if you know what I mean. Voyager6 looks like he re-aligned his Warp Coils and is shooting ahead of me. Even smasho is making me EatHisVolts...

Even though Amazon is the Discover partner for October, I don't think my fairer half would be too keen on a GTX 970 to prop up my Points production!

I bet we are one of the few groups of people that spend hours researching videos cards and GPU's and not having gaming in mind. :D

I bet we are one of the few groups of people that spend hours researching videos cards and GPU's and not having gaming in mind. :D
:D True, and if you look at the Top 100 Folding Team, we're one of the highest producers for the number of active Folders we have.

Reactions: KE4EST

Disappearance - 103 W AMC1/Spaceway 1/DirecTV 10/DirecTV 12

Software Update Coming