Join the SatelliteGuys Folding@Home Team!

I'm not sure what's different, but my quick peeks at my Folding Farm shows the projected PPD at 550K! If only it stayed there...

I haven't been down to the basement to look for any recent updates. Besides, it's Windows Updates week at work so I'm patching test systems. I could type something widely inappropriate about that, but I won't...I see we're #84 now, just hours away from #83! Time to warm up the New Avatar software for my new Top 80 avatar.
To hell with the Top 80, go right to the Top 70.;) In less than 3 days, SatGuys will be #80 and just a few days later we will be knocking on the door for #77. :D

Today #83; Tomorrow #80!
SatGuys_2016-03-11-0728.png

Although it seems weird to go through Houston via BYU, but that's probably because I'm from the Midwest!

And we're averaging over 8 million PPD! That puts us at #21 on the Teams Ranked by Points per Day Average Production!

Reactions: samy60 and KE4EST
When you look at the number of active folders we have compared to the other teams, its fantastic!!
Speaking of which, it looks like we're down to just 16 now. I told you I jinxed king3pj when I prematurely congratulated him on reaching 6,000,000 Points!

king3pj, what happened with your remodel?

Speaking of which, it looks like we're down to just 16 now. I told you I jinxed king3pj when I prematurely congratulated him on reaching 6,000,000 Points!

king3pj, what happened with your remodel?

It's done I just didn't start folding again. I haven't ruled out coming back completely but I saw nearly a 30% increase in my electricity usage when I was last folding regularly. I might get back into it but if I do I probably won't let it run as often as I was.

It's done I just didn't start folding again. I haven't ruled out coming back completely but I saw nearly a 30% increase in my electricity usage when I was last folding regularly. I might get back into it but if I do I probably won't let it run as often as I was.
Maybe Fold at Idle Power to conserve power usage, get yourself into the Six Million Point Club. Make me not a liar...
:D

Does the F@H program recognize video card upgrades and adjust itself for larger WUs? Or do you need to uninstall and reinstall after hardware upgrades? I'm thinking about swapping a couple of the video cards in my two computers.

The the fast the WU is finished the higher the points no matter the size.

I was looking up some info at Corsair and while browsing around I found the DDR4 memory I'm using had dropped in price 50%. So I went looking for a 32g kit and I think I scored the last one in existence. Perfect timing. I now have 64g of ram :) . While I was inside the case I decided to replace the stock thermo-paste on my water block with some Arctic Silver 5. That was a beneficial move. A significant drop on CPU temps.
I was looking at GTX 970 and 980s. They all come with a game"The Division" $99 value. Games a spendy now-a-days, wow! I wonder if it's any good? I could sell to one of my kids or their friends for half price maybe ;)

The thing keeping me from spending money on a GTX card is Pascal. It's very close to launch and when it becomes available, look for the current GTX 970 & GTX 980 cards to drop. Magic Eight Ball sez April/May.

The thing keeping me from spending money on a GTX card is Pascal. It's very close to launch and when it becomes available, look for the current GTX 970 & GTX 980 cards to drop. Magic Eight Ball sez April/May.
While you may have a point there, I really don't think it will happen that fast. I mean how many people will be buying those new high end cards to fold with? I would think it's gaming they are after. I can't see Stanford crippling their folding network like that, unless they are running out of work. It will be a while before the new cards start doing a large share of the load and they start turning off the GTX cards, I would think.