Join the SatelliteGuys Folding@Home Team!

I got the warp coils aligned and recalibrated. I am back to full warp speed.
production_day.php

I'm doing a WU right now that is a real average killer. less than 16k points and 1.5 days to complete on a 970. PRCG 11430 over 22min TPF :eek

I'm doing a WU right now that is a real average killer. less than 16k points and 1.5 days to complete on a 970. PRCG 11430 over 22min TPF :eek
We need a retching emoticon for this post. What Project and Run, etc., is it so we can keep an eye out for it?

I just received a Class Settlement email for the GTX 970 I bought. Has anyone else seen this?
If You Are A U.S. Resident And You Purchased A GeForce GTX 970 Graphics Processing Unit in the U.S. Between September 1, 2014 to August 24, 2016, You May Be Entitled To Payment From A Class Action Settlement
In re NVIDIA GTX 970 Graphics Chip Litigation, Case No. 15-CV-00760-PJH

WHAT IS THIS NOTICE ABOUT?
A lawsuit is pending in the United States District Court, Northern District of California, (the “Litigation”) that may affect your rights. The Litigation claims that NVIDIA Corporation (“NVIDIA”), Gigabyte Global Business Corporation, G.B.T. Inc., ASUS Computer International, and EVGA Corporation (collectively, “Defendants”) sold GeForce GTX 970 graphics processing units (“GTX 970 GPU”) to consumers based on inaccurate information regarding the GTX 970 GPU’s specifications and performance. Defendants deny these claims. The Court did not rule in favor of Plaintiffs or Defendants. Instead, the parties agreed to a proposed settlement.

AM I A MEMBER OF THE CLASS?
The class is defined as all persons and entities residing in the United States of America who purchased a GTX 970 GPU in the U.S. from the Defendants, the AIC Partners (defined in the full notice) or their authorized retailers between September 1, 2014 to August 24, 2016 other than for purposes of resale or distribution.
It's supposed to be a $30 settlement per GTX 970 card. Buying through Amazon should be easy to provide the Invoice required.

Here's a link over at AnandTech discussing the settlement, so I guess it's legit: http://www.anandtech.com/show/10532/nvidia-gtx-970-settlement-claims
—Roland

Last edited:
I received a notice about the suit a few months ago from Newegg. I got that notice a couple of days ago. I think we were short changed at $30 ;)

I got the notice and every time I go to fill out the form, it is broke or not responding. Must be a lot of people claiming.

So, did your legally-challenged GTX 970 get a better WU to process? ;). I noticed that your FAH Client must be set to download the next WU at 99% and not 100%. Since your Bonus Clock starts when download the WU, and at 20+ minutes to process the last percent, you effectively turned off your Folding rig for that amount of time.

Go into your Configuration, Expert Options, and set/create an Extra Client Options named "next-unit-percentage" with the value of 100.

Chances are your Client will be Cleaning Up while the next WU downloads and won't have to wait for the download to complete to start processing. With modern download speeds setting this Option maximizes your Points awarded to the work your Folding Rig does.

—Roland

So, did your legally-challenged GTX 970 get a better WU to process? ;). I noticed that your FAH Client must be set to download the next WU at 99% and not 100%. Since your Bonus Clock starts when download the WU, and at 20+ minutes to process the last percent, you effectively turned off your Folding rig for that amount of time.

Go into your Configuration, Expert Options, and set/create an Extra Client Options named "next-unit-percentage" with the value of 100.

Chances are your Client will be Cleaning Up while the next WU downloads and won't have to wait for the download to complete to start processing. With modern download speeds setting this Option maximizes your Points awarded to the work your Folding Rig does.

—Roland
I did do that. But this program has a mind of it's own.

NUP100.jpg

Reactions: KE4EST
Finally. FINALLY! It looks as if I finally have my Linux box up and stable. And to think back in the day I was a wiz in 8 or so different ix dialects (and they cost money back then too) Things have changed, now where do I hook up a Wise 60 terminal .

Finally. FINALLY! It looks as if I finally have my Linux box up and stable. And to think back in the day I was a wiz in 8 or so different ix dialects (and they cost money back then too) Things have changed, now where do I hook up a Wise 60 terminal .

I believe that was spelled Wyse. :biggrin

Reactions: Foxbat

Disappearance - 103 W AMC1/Spaceway 1/DirecTV 10/DirecTV 12

Software Update Coming