Join the SatelliteGuys Folding@Home Team!

Question about the PS3 client... I currently have 1.2 running, but the download page says the latest version is 1.3. Does anyone have 1.3 running? Or is that just a typo?

1.3 is the current PS3 client. I think some other PS3 owners have it.

Congratulations to Scorpion.sting on hitting the 300K Club!!!

1.3 is the current PS3 client. I think some other PS3 owners have it.

Congratulations to Scorpion.sting on hitting the 300K Club!!!

Thanks Foxbat for the congrats. My point production has went up lately because I have upgraded a processor in one of my computers and I have added 2 other machines. This is what I have now.

1. Pentium D935
2. Core 2 duo E6600 upgrade in my wifes machine. (Use to be PD935 also)
3. PS3
4. New machine Q6600 Core 2 Quad

I'd love to get our team producing 50k a week but need more folders. Go team:up lol

Last edited:
It looks like, despite a short slump in production we experienced earlier in the month, we are doing better than ever. Thanks largely to Scorpion and SatinKzo adding more machines to their farms I would suspect. We've got a lot of inactive users, I wish there was some way to get them folding again. Dang.

It seems like the only teams that are actually passing us are the all-PS3 teams. Though I would think that we would have more PS3s folding for our team than we actually do. We need to think of a better way to recruit the PS3 owners on this forum. I wish I had a PS3 for folding, but I can't justify buying a game console that I'll probably never play games on. I'm holding out for the Wii client. :)

My production was down for a little while because I had to stop folding on the c2d laptop due to heat. I've brought it most of the way back up by adding a x2 desktop. I'm in the top 10 with the big guys now! Should probably pass the 200k mark tomorrow.

No kidding on the PS3's. With the amount of users here that have them even if they let it fold overnight they'd still get 1 WU in.

Nice upgrade and additions there scorpion.

I'm breaking in a new HP server at work, a nice little 2.0GHz Quad-core Xeon model, by having it Fold for a week or so. It ticks over at 1,700-1,800 ppd.

Entry-level PS3s are supposed to drop to $399 in a couple of weeks. I might take advantage of that good deal for a Folder...

Congratulations to mike123abc for being the newest member of the 200k club.:clap

Would have hit it sooner but the pc version stopped working. I ended up having to remove the directory and reinstalling it. It would get 100% done but never finish and report in results. Oh well seems to be working good again today!

Hey, nobody posted the awesome news that SatelliteGuys.US passed the 5,000,000 point milestone!

Congratulations, Team!

Wow 5mil. My points have really dropped off lately, nothing but problems with the clients on 3 of my machines - bad wu, hangs, can't upload results, bad WU assignments (IP address of server 0.0.0.0) etc. THis only seems to happen after I installed the new build in late Sept, and even though "all that was changed was the expiration date" seems to have affected my machines. Does anyone else seem to be having issues?

Wow 5mil. My points have really dropped off lately, nothing but problems with the clients on 3 of my machines - bad wu, hangs, can't upload results, bad WU assignments (IP address of server 0.0.0.0) etc. THis only seems to happen after I installed the new build in late Sept, and even though "all that was changed was the expiration date" seems to have affected my machines. Does anyone else seem to be having issues?
Yeah, the Folding Forum has reported that more and more people are running the Windows/Linux SMP client so the servers handing out these WUs are backing up. The new server I'm burning-in was hung up for a day or so with the 0.0.0.0 server issue. It's back on the job now. :)

And another shout out to randalla for making it into the 100K Club!!! :up :up

Last edited:
Yeah, the Folding Forum has reported that more and more people are running the Windows/Linux SMP client so the servers handing out these WUs are backing up.

That must have been what was happening to my SMP version, I eventually removed and reinstalled, but maybe it was their servers.

Looks like the team's 24hr average has been creeping up the past few days to almost 40k PPD with an user average of 1000+! If we keep this up we could start putting down 1.2 million points a month. :eek:

I noticed the user SatelliteGuys has really ramped up production in the past week. That's Scott right?

Congrats Mike123abc and randalla for your milestones. :up

Good going team!!! :)

With all the new dual and quad core processors, I can see much more demand for the SMP client. Nobody buys single core computers anymore!

Heck, I'm thinking about upgrading my media server to a quad core. Proabably wont, but if there is a good black friday deal, I might have to. Heh.

-John