Join the SatelliteGuys Folding@Home Team!

I'd have to believe that the 40gig PS3 doesn't have a new processor fab. It's still putting out heat like my other PS3.

I do think it uses a bit less energy though, but not 1/3 less. Maybe 1/5 - 1/4 based on my Kil-a-watt meter on it and what I remember my 1st PS3 doing.

As for surprises, not much different. I use HDMI connection on both my PS3's. The remote is special yes and it's annoying IMO since I can't use my harmony unless I get some special IR-usb adapter. Remote is decent though, works well and since I have 2 of them I found they do not interfere with each other (shouldn't with BT, but you never know for sure).

Of coure the main reason for the new PS3 was for BD movies upstairs HT setup to compelement the HD-DVD player. :) Plus it keeps the kids from messing with all the more expensive HT stuff downstairs. Folding in the spare time is just icing on the cake.

Folding-wise, I see whatever points I may have lost from shutting down the HP Quad Core Xeon have been picked up by 5thfreedom and his new Quad + SatinKzo's new PS3. SatelliteGuys.US is now over 47,000 ppd!

My quad's not even up and running yet. Still waiting on the heatsink. ;)

My quad's not even up and running yet. Still waiting on the heatsink. ;)
Geez, we're doing 47Kppd and you have more silicon to throw at Folding? Maybe we can hit 50Kppd... That would be close to 1.5Mppm! KWIM? ;)

Congratulations to 5thfreedom, the newest member of the 300K Club! With any luck, both jgantert and I cross over into the 500K Club today.

Also, less than a week away from SatelliteGuys.US breaking into the Top 200 Teams!

So how do you guys get yours up that far, what kind of equipment are you using, I have it running on 3 machines right now, one at work P4 that runs when I am not there. I am only at work 3 days a week. Then one at home on an AMD 64 3500 that we only use an hour or two a day.
and I just added another P4 that gets used about as much as the AMD does. what can I do to speed them up some.

So how do you guys get yours up that far, what kind of equipment are you using, I have it running on 3 machines right now, one at work P4 that runs when I am not there. I am only at work 3 days a week. Then one at home on an AMD 64 3500 that we only use an hour or two a day.
and I just added another P4 that gets used about as much as the AMD does. what can I do to speed them up some.

My computers run 24/7. Most of them are P4s so I don't get too many points out of each WU but it helps a little bit to the cause. :)

Most of those, me included, that are that far up are running the SMP clients, requires at least 2 cpu system. unless you have a few machines like Randalla.
I get about 2000k from just my home PC which is running 24/7 and is a intel core2duo. Plus im running a laptop running a linux client, WU's on this one take about 5 days to complete.

My wife runs her pc like you with it on only when she uses it and it takes weeks to finish a WU, but it all helps the good cause.

Last edited:
Did I forget to mention all three of these run 24/7. We only use them a couple hours a day, do the other 22 hours they are folding.

Well my machines were backed up reporting, but seem to be cleared now. Should pop 6000+ points today as they finally get everything reported back in. Was a bit behind.

Hey-hey!!! Today's the Day!!!

Top 200, Baby!!!!!

Plus, congratulations go out to our Team Members who have reached the next levels:

SamPatterson: Our 2nd member to reach the 600K Club!
Scorpion.sting: Welcome to the 400K Club!

SatelliteGuys.US now has 17 members with 100,000 points or more! Way to Fold, Team!!!

I'm folding on my G5 iMac at home and decided to start letting my Intel iMac at my office get some work in when I'm not at my desk. I installed the Intel betas. The set-up is not the same. Folding is enabled in the Preference Pane in Sytem Preferences, but if I open the app I see a garbled screen and a message stating the molecule in view is a demo.

The installation notes acknoweledge that the Intel iMac viewer is a work in progress, but they also state that the beta expired April 1, 2007. Anybody know how to tell you are properly set-up with an Intel iMac?

Disappearance - 103 W AMC1/Spaceway 1/DirecTV 10/DirecTV 12

Software Update Coming