Join the SatelliteGuys Folding@Home Team!

Baada-Bing!!! 7,000,000 Points!!!

Sorry about the holiday theme, but it's Christmas!

If only the Stock Market were this high...

looks like I had some upload problems lately. PS3's were sitting on WU for 2 days and so was my GPU client. All 3 waiting to upload.

looks like I had some upload problems lately. PS3's were sitting on WU for 2 days and so was my GPU client. All 3 waiting to upload.
Yeah, I had 5 WUs on my notebook that had not uploaded for some reason. Today, all of a sudden, off to Stanford they went! :)

It looks like the Folding Forum has returned, but it sure is pretty empty as the Admins don't know if they can restore the previous forum's database. :eek:

One of the posters had a cool sig, though. It was a customized Team graphic that included his Stats on the right. I wonder if we could do something like that...

We have some great new "super" folders on here.
Duggan75 with 28k per week
Funkyboss with 20k per week
riffjim406*9 with 10k per week
RAD-SatGuy with almost 10k per week
jrp(sg) with 9k a week

Well done all ! :clap:clap

Thanks. It is kind of fun to watch the stats.

We have some great new "super" folders on here.
Duggan75 with 28k per week
Funkyboss with 20k per week
riffjim406*9 with 10k per week
RAD-SatGuy with almost 10k per week
jrp(sg) with 9k a week

Well done all ! :clap:clap
Thanks. This Quad core CPU just rocks! Over my first week of attempting to overclock, I took it from 3.0GHz, to 3.1GHz, and I'm now up to 3.2GHz. Seems like each 100MHz increase in clock speed, takes about 30 minutes off of a single large WU's time.

Well Scorpion, here I was thinking I was going to pass you any minute...:eek:
Something tells me I'm about to get passed, not once, but twice, even though I'm one WU away from 600,000 points!

It's good to see some new Folders for the SatelliteGuys.US Team! :welcome aboard jrp, FunkyBoss, Dgenx321, and kinsley! Those first WUs seem to take forever, especially if you're using the standard Windows FAH Client. I expect my Windows boxes to complete a WU in about 2-3 days. The biggest bang-for-the-buck is the PS3 FAH Client: $399 for somewhere around 1000 point per day (ppd). For shear points production, the Intel Core Duo Quad boxes running the SMP Beta clients seem to be the ones to beat, but at a higher cost.

Some people have Folding Farms (check out SatinKzo's user page for SatelliteGuys.US on the Folding site to see how many boxes he's got Folding!) while others have got one or two boxes going. I've got a 2.66 GHz Mac Pro Quad running the SMP client, an HP evo d325 running XP, and an HP nx9600 notebook that I lug around with me.

I had to stop one of my two SMP clients on the Mac due to interactions between the Cores. Nobody mentioned that before, so I guess I was running (so to speak) on borrowed time. The new V6 beta is a lot more sensitive to these interactions, so I decided to cut back to one client and Fold 24/7. Now, it seems that Stanford has always recommended one SMP client per box. Now they tell us!

Last edited:
Hi 5thfreedom. Dont worry you will pass me, it just may take longer than a minute. :wave

Doubtful. I lost 3 folding machines this afternoon, two quad Xeons and a dual Xeon. I did add two dual-core machines to help lessen the blow, but my production is still going to drop. That leaves me:

1x Core 2 Quad @ 3.0Ghz
1x Athlon X2 @ 2.6Ghz
1x Athlon X2 @ 2.8Ghz (new)
1x Core 2 Duo @ 2.66Ghz (new)

Looks like my production is going to drop to 4-4.5k ppd or so. Very soon I will be adding a quad Xeon Xserve to the mix. Hopefully I'll get that will fold well for me.

Looks like a race for SatinKzo to break 1,000,000 points before the end of the year... Can he do it???

Disappearance - 103 W AMC1/Spaceway 1/DirecTV 10/DirecTV 12

Software Update Coming