Join the SatelliteGuys Folding@Home Team!

Laff, Thanks guys for the congrats. My electric bill is pretty normal. Most of my folders are at workplace.

The next million pt club member is a toss up lately. Seems many members are stepping up.

Wow, it's hard to believe it, but we've Folded 500,000 points since last week! Plus, congratulations to jgantert for reaching the 700,000 Point Club! 5thfreedom is in the 600,000 Point Club, and duggan75 made it into the 300,000 Point Club.

Sorry if I've missed others' Milestones, but now we have 18 users with over 100,000 Points, it gets hard to point everyone out individually.

According to the EOC site, we're 65th in Daily Points production, and 62nd in points this week! Way to Fold!!!

Wow, it's hard to believe it, but we've Folded 500,000 points since last week! Plus, congratulations to jgantert for reaching the 700,000 Point Club! 5thfreedom is in the 600,000 Point Club, and duggan75 made it into the 300,000 Point Club.

Sorry if I've missed others' Milestones, but now we have 18 users with over 100,000 Points, it gets hard to point everyone out individually.

According to the EOC site, we're 65th in Daily Points production, and 62nd in points this week! Way to Fold!!!

I second that. Way to go guys:clap
Also Happy New Year to everyone on the team@party

5thfreedom, you having some system issues? Your pts have dropped significantly.

No, not having system issues per se. Most of my folders are work machines and I had to stop folding on a couple of them recently. Also, I'm switching the majority of my machines back to running the standard client because I got tired of babysitting the SMP client. I've still got 4 machines folding, and I'll be adding two more in the next couple of weeks.

Ah, ok, that's good to hear. Yeah, most of mine are core2duo's at work, I only really have 2 PS'3s and 1 GPU, 2 cpu's at home running. The works ones come and go as they are needed and returned.

Well, my free 40GB PS3 arrived from Sony this afternoon. I plan to set it up and start folding later this evening. Our bedroom is above the garage and my wife has been complaining that it has been too cold lately. I was considering moving one of the PS3s into the bedroom, but I'll just set this one up instead.

I take it there is no difference between the 40 and 60GB models when it comes to processing, folding and points?

Well, my free 40GB PS3 arrived from Sony this afternoon. I plan to set it up and start folding later this evening. Our bedroom is above the garage and my wife has been complaining that it has been too cold lately. I was considering moving one of the PS3s into the bedroom, but I'll just set this one up instead.

I take it there is no difference between the 40 and 60GB models when it comes to processing, folding and points?

Nope. No difference in folding or points. By the way, how did you get a free PS3 from Sony?

I dont know about others but the ps3 fan on mine is very loud, not sure the bedroom would be a good idea. Just FYI

I dont know about others but the ps3 fan on mine is very loud, not sure the bedroom would be a good idea. Just FYI

I have my PS3 in my bedroom. When it folds it gets warm and the fan become audible. But, I have come to like it as a white noise generator. It is not very loud. But, if you do not have good air flow around it, or the room is warm it does crank up the noise.

Hey, has anyone else running the SMP client gotten one of these "mega"-point WUs? I just checked and the Project 3060 WU my Mac is working on is worth 2,539 points! :up

SamPatterson, nice Folding! You're in the 800K Club now!

Nope. No difference in folding or points. By the way, how did you get a free PS3 from Sony?
Not really free...my wife and I charge all our personal and business expenses on our DiscoverCard in order to earn Cash Back dollars - have done so for years. In this particular case, my wife took a year off work to complete graduate. Since her school does not accept Discover, we charged all tuition on her Sony Card instead or writing the school checks. As it turns out we earned enough Sony Rewards points to buy a lot of cheap electronics crap we don't need, a $400+ credit off of a HDTV at full retail (still cheaper to buy at a discount retailer) or a free PS3 40GB. It made better sense to get the PS3 and retired another DVD player.:)

We don't notice the PS3 even when folding, but they are in open and well ventilated areas. We used to noticed the 622 when we first put it in the bedroom, but we didn't notice the 3am reboots after the first few nights. If the fan is too loud for the bedroom we just won't fold.

Picture says a million words. Make that nine million:

Attachments

• SatGuys9Meg.jpg
    SatGuys9Meg.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 57
Another MS update... folding needs a quad client that starts automatically. They lose too much folding with these patches.