Join the SatelliteGuys Folding@Home Team!

Just downloaded the new version and all seems to be going good.. Is there anyway to get the "Display "screen to show the data, like the older version? Mine just show the animated pic.

I've added a cpu and a gpu client to my wife's vista box should be interesting to see what it adds to the point production here.

Boy, what a day! First, my Mac Mini could not download a WU for close to 24 hours, then I discovered why my DSL has been having issues. Hopefully, fixing that DSL issue will make our home LAN/WAN much more reliable. Plus, for whatever reason, my Mac Pro that eats up the Core_A2 is only receiving Core_A1 WUs, so my Mac Pro's production is sliced in half. On top of everything else, it looks like Stanford had some issues reporting individual statistics, so everyone had this big hole in their production.

I'm hoping everything is back to normal and I get some more 548 point WUs on my ATI HD 3850 client to bring my Daily Average back over 6,000ppd.

lost my dual xeon server to actual company work today. Not that I could actually get the dual SMP clients to run properly for extended times...

However, I did attain a couple 8800's that I should be able to start up shortly.

Asking again. I have downloaded the new version of FAH. I don't get the same info when I pull up the display like I did on the older version. I get no data. All I get is the animation of the WU. It doesn't show how many, or progress or anything. I am concerned something is not sut up right. Is this normal?

Will that 8800GS video card benefit my Computer for Folding ?

My computer specs :
Intel Pentium 1.0ghz
512mb ram
64mb shared onboard intergrated video graphics
Windows Xp Pro
I believe you won't find the 8800GS on anything other than a PCI-Express x16 card. A 1.0 GHz Pentium probably has an AGP 2/4x slot. Also, the Power Supply in that class of PC may not have enough capacity to support the extra draw a 8800GS would need.

Separate Topic: It looks like some of the stats servers at Stanford are blocked again. Ah, here's Dr. Pande's entry about the holdup:
VijayPande@FoldingForum said:
New post by VijayPande on Today, 22:56

We ran a big recredit today and we're now back to our normal stats schedule. However, it will take a little while to handle the backlog, likely a few hours.
I've got at least 2 WUs that haven't been credited.

Last edited:
Four posts for the price of one:

One) I hope to bring my son's Dell on-line with a new GPU2 client. He currently has an ATI 300 card, but I'm upgrading it to an HD 4850 from NewEgg.

Two) It looks like the PPD advantage that the NVidia GPU2 clients have been enjoying has slipped a bit with the new larger WUs with more atoms in the simulation. This, of course, has sparked a "war" between the ATI and NVidia camps as the NVidia folks want to keep their 4-5K PPD numbers. Those higher PPD numbers reflected the inefficiencies in the smaller WUs which slowed down the ATI HD3850-based reference machine.

Three) It's 55?F outside! Where are all the people that stopped Folding during the hot summer months? It may be a few days before the official end of summer, but we need the extra points from the heavy hitters like Plazzman, SamPatterson, and 5thfreedom. We have been "trading paint" with AV123 for the last month and it would be great to pass these folks once and for all!

Four) I've been trying to figure out a cost-effective means to increase my daily production. The best idea I've had so far is to raid the "refurbed" PC market for older Windows XP Pro machines that have come off-lease or have some cosmetic issues. Even if you gut the box, the Windows XP Pro license is worth more than the asking price, especially since it is getting harder and harder to buy these from a store. I found an HP desktop with a PCI-Express x16 slot and a 3.2 GHz Pentium 4 HT for under $200 at Geeks.com. Add a 8800GS card for under $100 and you can be Folding 2,500-4,000 PPD for under $300. The HP has a 340W P/S, so it should handle the card. Sound plausible?

Last edited:
Well, I'm going to uninstall FAH from my home PC. Downloaded the new version, and things don't seem any better. Still have WU stuck in my queue. Also, when a WU completes, it won't send it. I have to stop and restart the program before it will start another one. This has become such a pain in the arse. Oh well. Sorry to the team, but I have tried evrything suggested to resolve the issue with no success.

Well, I'm going to uninstall FAH from my home PC. Downloaded the new version, and things don't seem any better. Still have WU stuck in my queue. Also, when a WU completes, it won't send it. I have to stop and restart the program before it will start another one. This has become such a pain in the arse. Oh well. Sorry to the team, but I have tried evrything suggested to resolve the issue with no success.

Maybe time to reformat hard drive and start from scratch ? :)

I've got a new ATI HD4850 in my son's Dell Dimension 4700. I'm not expecting much as it has a P4 running at 2.8 GHz, but early results shows the CPU (HT off) at 100%, the GPU is running at 78% on P4743, and one percent is being completed somewhere between 3m45s and 2m55s. That's what I get for Folding on a box that has all sorts of software loaded on it instead of a purpose-build Folder.

Belated congratulations go out to SatinKzo who became our Team's second Folding Double Millionaire!

Those GPU2 clients sure are nice, aren't they? I still have another two months to go before I see 2,000,000, though.

And Scorpion.sting has another day to become a Triple Millionaire! I guess the 2,000,000 Point Club wasn't exclusive enough...

Way to Fold, you guys!

And Scorpion.sting has another day to become a Triple Millionaire! I guess the 2,000,000 Point Club wasn't exclusive enough...

Way to Fold, you guys!
Congrats to Scorpion.sting for reaching 3,000,000 points.:D

I still have a LONG way to go to 100,000.:( I am looking to acquire a quad-core system soon and just may have to get an 8800GS video card. When I replace our office computers with dual or quad cores, then I'll finally get some real production.

Belated congratulations go out to SatinKzo who became our Team's second Folding Double Millionaire!

Those GPU2 clients sure are nice, aren't they? I still have another two months to go before I see 2,000,000, though.

Way to Fold, you guys!

Dang, I have not followed things too closely lately, dind't realize in was in the 2mil club.

I really have to get my GPU2 client going, just been lazy lately and working on other projects... (builing a Gray-Hoverman antenna this weekend to get my OTA working better)

well im off on vacation for a week starting tonight, am running the 4 command line clients as services, so hopefully will keep folding.
Not getting many of the larger point wu's, even with advmethods specified, but expect to break the 1000 wu's this week.

Well, I finally got all my clients updated and back online. I will never catch you point monsters but I may soon be the WU leader!

Go satguys!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Latest posts