Join the SatelliteGuys Folding@Home Team!

Where can i find directions to completely (Registry & all) uninstall the SMP Client. I did fine till 6.22 came out I went back to 5.92 and now back to 6.22 but when I start the system I get a client Core Communication error on two of my systems (1 Quad & 1 Dual). I want to start over with a clean slate since I going to upgrade my Dual to a Quad. then maybe I'll get to start folding again.

Thanks in advance,
cegarrett

Where can i find directions to completely (Registry & all) uninstall the SMP Client. I did fine till 6.22 came out I went back to 5.92 and now back to 6.22 but when I start the system I get a client Core Communication error on two of my systems (1 Quad & 1 Dual). I want to start over with a clean slate since I going to upgrade my Dual to a Quad. then maybe I'll get to start folding again.

Thanks in advance,
cegarrett

I'd be interested in this too. I still have a Mac (one out of five) that won't get to work, no matter what I've tried.

i dont have the registry stuff but it was noted on the folding forum that 6.23 client will handle errors much better, have you tried replacing the .exe with the 6.23 one ?

I think the only critical registry entries are the ones for deino or the older comms part.
the bottom of this Folding@home - WinSMPGuideDEINO explains where to find that.

Otherwise i generally just search for folding and delete all keys, of course after i have backed my registry up !

Gaaah! My only GPU client has been stuck from an EUE all last week and I didn't notice!!!

Glad I got that fixed! I'm going to watch that thing closer.

I finally gave up on getting 6.20 to work with my iMac G5 and downgraded to 5.02. It isn't a great point producer, but it I have it working again. The Intel Macs churn the points out at a much better rate.

Just picked up a Core 2 Quad at the Dell outlet for $421. Also just purchased an 8800GT from Fry's for $90 AR. It's gonna be a great folding machine for just more than $500. Plus, I'll be able to get some work accomplished while folding.:D

As temperatures go down, SatelliteGuys.US Team's PPD goes up! :up

Boo!!!

(Scorpiion.sting, great avatar, by the way!)

I took my Folding Mac Mini and set it up with the Carved Pumpkin screen saver to amuse the Trick-or-Treaters. It was still Folding, though...

Disappearance - 103 W AMC1/Spaceway 1/DirecTV 10/DirecTV 12

Software Update Coming