Join the SatelliteGuys Folding@Home Team!

Well i just had a good morning and im quite proud of myself, i installed linux (ubuntu 7.04) for the first time, complied a program on linux, got a wireless adaptor to work in linux (that took most of the time) and started using a Linux Folding Client.
Not bad for an old IBM mainframe programmer !

It's running on an old Celeron Laptop but be interesting to see how it runs.

Well i just had a good morning and im quite proud of myself, i installed linux (ubuntu 7.04) for the first time, complied a program on linux, got a wireless adaptor to work in linux (that took most of the time) and started using a Linux Folding Client.
Not bad for an old IBM mainframe programmer !

It's running on an old Celeron Laptop but be interesting to see how it runs.

Welcome to a real OS. Nice to see another Mainframer here as well...

I also just crossed 100K points today :)

LER

I'm Not a MainFramer But I program on an as/400, Iseries, Eserver, or whatever they are calling it this year. We're gettin ready to do an upgrade to the Current System. :)

Must be nice cegarrett, I still have an old AS400 300 series Cisc based system running V3R2. :) Can we have your old iseries? :)

Hey! What happened to our Fearless Leader?
Code:
SatelliteGuys
Last 7 Weeks Production
Week 	Points 	WUs
08.26.07 	186 	1
08.19.07 	590 	3
08.12.07 	318 	2
08.05.07 	6,314 	22
07.29.07 	6,500 	23
07.22.07 	6,702 	26
07.15.07 	5,150 	19
07.08.07 	4,373 	16

Laff, thanks! That sounds like my phone switch....

$250k, included the trade in of our old switch and re-use of many of the existing cards.

Well, I switched my PS3 into advanced mode. Lets see if that gets some more points. :)
I saw over on Engadget that the PS3 had a new client. Maybe some day I'll figure out how to get one in the house without my son or wife finding out...;)

Its part of the new 1.2 client for F@H on the PS3. I disabled it on mine, as I was having the same high-pitched sound that a lot of people were reporting.

Basically, it just gives you different WUs. Instead of 287 points, they're 300 points (or so).