Join the SatelliteGuys Folding@Home Team!

the main stats site has been broken for > 24 hours. It seems to be fixed now, and I'd expect EOC (where the ticker comes from) to update within 6 or 8 hours.

LER

We had a major network problem here at Stanford yesterday. It started around noon and was fixed late last night. A lot of the services were down.

Welcome to the 100K Club, mike123abc! Congratulations!!!

RandallA, when I was reading the news that I posted from the FAH site, I thought it was a data cable that got snagged. It was a power feed? That must have been a pretty big bang when it broke! Hopefully, no one was hurt.

SatelliteGuys.US Team is 25 Work Units away from the 10,000 WU Milestone! Today, for sure!

We also have another member of the 400K points club, with SamPatterson tearing up the charts, ready to knock SatinKzo off the top spot in a week or so.

Last edited:
Congrats, jgantert! You've got a ways to catch up to SatinKzo (almost a year!).

Hey, who is 5thfreedom? He or she showed up two or three days ago and have already passed 2/3rds of our team!

Hey, who is 5thfreedom? He or she showed up two or three days ago and have already passed 2/3rds of our team!

:wave

Hey guys! I guess I should take a minute and introduce myself. I've been folding for a while now for TeamUbuntu where I contributed 579,797 points averaging about 5000 PPD.

Anyway, I recently took an uplink position for E* and my manager highly recommended this forum as a resource. I've been lurking for about 2 months now and stumbled across this post about the folding team and decided to join. At this point I doubt I'll be posting much, but I hope to give back to the community by folding for it.

Glad to have you on the team 5thfreedom. By the way what kind of rig do you have? I ask because you have definately boosted our 24 hour average. Our team is now in the orange producing more than 30,000 points in a 24 hour period.

Glad to have you on the team 5thfreedom. By the way what kind of rig do you have? I ask because you have definately boosted our 24 hour average. Our team is now in the orange producing more than 30,000 points in a 24 hour period.

I'm glad you asked! I'm currently running the Windows SMP client on 4 machines.

2x Dell Poweredge 2900's running single Xeon X5255 Quad Cores @ 2.66Ghz w/ 4GB RAM each.
1x Dell Poweredge 840 running a single Xeon 3040 Dual Core @ 1.83Ghz w/ 2GB RAM.
1x Dell Latitude D830 (Laptop!) running a single Core 2 Duo T7300 Dual Core @ 2.00Ghz w/ 2GB RAM.

The servers run 24/7/365 but the laptop is only on a few days a week. I also have 2 rigs that I built with Athlon X2s (one has a 5600+ and the other a 5200+ and both have 2GB of RAM) that aren't folding right now but I can easily throw them in the mix if I get the urge. We'll see in a couple of weeks how our numbers look.

I would LOVE to see our team reach the magic number of 1,000,000 PPM. The most I've ever done myself in a single month is 218,665. But I had more machines then. I aim to average 150k PPM folding for our team. DON'T HOLD ME ON THAT! But I'll do what I can. It's the best I can do in exchange for the great knowledge that I stand to gain from the forum.

Welcome aboard, 5thfreedom! If you've read through this massive thread, you know that we've made a lot of progress in the six months the SatelliteGuys.US team has been Folding. I must say, you bring some impressive silicon to the Team. Gotta love that SMP client, huh?

Thanks for joining SatelliteGuys.US!