Join the SatelliteGuys Folding@Home Team!

Thanks for the congrats.:D We are making up some ground now. 3 days to overtake Miss. State and 3 weeks to conquer the AVS Forum.:up

Yea, Voyager6! Another Millionaire is always a good thing!!! :clap

Thanks for the thumbs up Scorp!!! I do have quite the outdated farm trying to keep up with you. :rolleyes: Hopefully in a few weeks or so I can build a real folding machine that might help the chase..:D My farm facts follow, don't be to harsh I realize most of them are extremely outdated....:cool: Fold On !!!!

Plazz's Folding Farm

HOME MACHINES

SMP Client - AMD Phenom II X4 940 - 3.3 Ghz – 8 GB Ram - Windows Vista Ultimate 64
GPU Client - PNY Nvidia 9800GTX
GPU Client - PNY Nvidia 9800GTX
PS3 Client - 80Gig PS3
Linux Client - DSL Linux - Dell Dimension 4500 - Pentium 4 2.66Ghz 512 mb Memory
WORK MACHINES

SMP Client - My Work Machine - AMD Dual Core Opteron 180 2.4 Ghz - 3 Gb Ram Windows 7
SMP Clien Part Time – Dell T5400 –1 Xeon 2.0 Ghz – 5 Gb Ram – Windows Vista Business 64
SMP Clien Part Time – Dell T5400 –1 Xeon 2.0 Ghz – 5 Gb Ram – Windows Vista Business 64
SMP Clien Part Time – Dell T5400 – 2 Xeon 2.0 Ghz – 5 Gb Ram – Windows Vista Business 64
Console Client – Dell Precision 450 – Xeon 2.2 Ghz – 512 Mb Ram – Windows XP
Console Client – Asus Build – Pentium 4 2.6 Ghz – 1.5 Gb Ram – Windows XP
Console Client – Dell Dimension 4300 – Pentium 4 2.4 Ghz – 512 Mb Ram – Windows XP
Console Client – Dell Poweredge Server 2500 – Pentium II 950 Mhz – 768 Mb Ram – Windows XP
SMP Client – Dell D630 – Intel Core II Duo T7800 2.6 Ghz – 2 Gb Ram – Windows 7
Console Client – Dell Latitude D800 – Pentium M 1.7 Ghz – 2 Gb Ram – Windows XP
Console Client – Dell Latitude D800 – Pentium M 1.7 Ghz – 1 Gb Ram – Windows XP
Console Client – Toshiba Satelite Pro – Pentium 2 2.2 Ghz – 768Mb Ram – Windows XP
Plazz

Plazzman

"Hopefully in a few weeks or so I can build a real folding machine that might help the chase."

This is cool because I just ordered my new Raidmax case from newegg. I to feel the need to upgrade a little. The best thing about it is that as a team we will be hitting the 150,000 ppd soon. Lets hope :cool:

...and in the meantime, I keep on getting these WUs on my Macs that use the old FAHCore_A1 SMP Core which leave my CPUs about 35% idle. :( I'm down to under 8K ppd. What's really sad is I'm still #3 in daily production, so others must be experiencing the same thing.

Even my GPU2 boxes are feeling the pinch, although my old Athlon 2.33 GHz box has a WU that it likes. I'm seeing 89+ pph on P5741,R4,C27,G171 which out-does my Mac Pro's current 85 ppd on P3064!

Hopefully the WU gods will smile on my mini-farm.

"This is cool because I just ordered my new Raidmax case from newegg. I to feel the need to upgrade a little. The best thing about it is that as a team we will be hitting the 150,000 ppd soon. Lets hope :cool:"

Scorpion.Sting good deal on the new case. Let us know if that new case has a lot of room. Last year I purchased an Antec Nine Hundred Gaming Case and with the Nvidia 980gtx+ cards there is not enough room for the drives. It also doesn't have enough room if I decided to add the third card..:eek:

"Even my GPU2 boxes are feeling the pinch, although my old Athlon 2.33 GHz box has a WU that it likes. I'm seeing 89+ pph on P5741,R4,C27,G171 which out-does my Mac Pro's current 85 ppd on P3064!"

Foxbat I feel your pain as my GPU's have still been getting the 5903 WU's which seems to add up to about the same score daily as the smaller units but they sure take longer. I'm sure I'm not getting the 15000 PPD that it seems it would..

Plazz

you guys getting any of these 590x wu's on your gpu? i have not had one finish, they fail immediately ?

I've been getting the 5904 wu regularly and it runs about 6 to 6.5 minutes per frame on my XP box with a 1GB 9800GT.

I'm getting closer to building my folding machine. I'm looking at a quad core with 4 nvidia cards now. Hopefully that will push some decent ppd.

Hi guys. Back from vacation and will be folding at full speed again. Someone shut down one of the folding machines (and forgot to restart the FAH GPU client :() while I was gone. We've had a great folding week even without my other machine. Averaging about 110K ppd. Looks like we can overtake the AVS Forum this week.:D

I've been getting the 5904 wu regularly and it runs about 6 to 6.5 minutes per frame on my XP box with a 1GB 9800GT.

I'm getting closer to building my folding machine. I'm looking at a quad core with 4 nvidia cards now. Hopefully that will push some decent ppd.

Sounds great 8bitbytes. Did you rob a bank ;) ? 4 video cards at one time:D Outstanding!!!!

What motherboard would you get to accommodate 4 video cards? :confused:

All the ones I've seen with that many PCI Express slots have usually limited the number of lanes from 16 to 8 when all four slots are in use. There is an Intel MB for $600 at NewEgg that has 4xPCI Express x16, but that's probably overkill.:p

There are a few AMD boards that will support 4 PCi-E cards. If you follow the folding forum discussions, you only need 4x to get the ppd most cards are capable of delivering. The real trick is getting a hefty PSU!

The 185 nvidia drivers at guru3d combined with Vista Ultimate 64 bit seems to be delivering double the performance of any other combination right now.

However, I did find an Intel board that gives 3 16x PCi-E slots so I have that on my list currently as I finish reviewing this build before I pull the trigger.

Got production back up to 7K yesterday. Should be near 9K today. 3 more days to overtake the AVSForum.:D