Join the SatelliteGuys Folding@Home Team!

Many Points Millionaires now; twenty-eight according to the ExtremeOverClocking site.

With the move to OpenCL for the GPU V3 client, I'd like to see Stanford open up the GPU clients to non-Windows boxes. It would be great if you could put together a $300 Folding box and not have to spend another $200 for the Windows license...

And I wondered: Did Sony's big Playstation Network fiasco take out all the PS3 Folders? I never went looking to see if that happened.

Yeah me I checked the team standings on my work computer and had a hard time finding myself. I was looking to far down it turns out I have cracked the top 100. I guess leaving my work computer on 24-7 really helps.

Congrats to smasho for reaching 1 Million Points.:D :up :clap

Thanks!

It's amazing how easy and inexpensive it is to get quite a few ppd these days. A modern gpu and a multi-core cpu (with the smp bonus) garners points like nobody's business.

Wow. Just tried out the SMP client on our work server. It's a 24-core dual Xeon system with 48GB of RAM. It's fast...

[18:02:33] Completed 5000 out of 500000 steps (1%)
[18:03:54] Completed 10000 out of 500000 steps (2%)
[18:05:14] Completed 15000 out of 500000 steps (3%)

Not sure I'll be able to use it for folding, but I can at least run it one one unit. Maybe over the weekend, I dunno.

Not sure I'll be able to use it for folding, but I can at least run it one one unit. Maybe over the weekend, I dunno.

Wow.:high5: Hope you can convince the powers that be, even if just on weekends. Our poor little team has been taking a beating lately:sick:.

Wow.:high5: Hope you can convince the powers that be, even if just on weekends. Our poor little team has been taking a beating lately:sick:.

Isn't that the truth. I got all my folders working at the same time today for the first time in weeks.

Well, got the ok, so its running this weekend. Already did a bigadv WU for 100k points in just under two days. It's a pretty amazing beast of a machine!

BTW, going to be upgrading my home machine from my 2.4Ghz Q6600 to a 3.4Ghz i7-2400 this week. Probably won't help much tho. Not sure if it is fast enough for the bigadv WUs or not.

Well, got the ok, so its running this weekend. Already did a bigadv WU for 100k points in just under two days. It's a pretty amazing beast of a machine!

BTW, going to be upgrading my home machine from my 2.4Ghz Q6600 to a 3.4Ghz i7-2400 this week. Probably won't help much tho. Not sure if it is fast enough for the bigadv WUs or not.

That's very impressive. It shot you right to the top of the Sat Guys top producers. Sadly with the summer heat I will be rearranging (the cool basement) or taking off line my folders. I already had one melt down, In process of rebuilding it for the fall. Fold on Sat Guys!!

Wow. Just tried out the SMP client on our work server. It's a 24-core dual Xeon system with 48GB of RAM. It's fast...

[18:02:33] Completed 5000 out of 500000 steps (1%)
[18:03:54] Completed 10000 out of 500000 steps (2%)
[18:05:14] Completed 15000 out of 500000 steps (3%)

I was wondering how you suddenly got some really big numbers for a single wu.

Note that I am running windows 7 (64-bit) desktop on an i7-940 running 2.93 gHz (12gb mem) and it is able to complete a bigadv in under 3 days. That gets me about 65000 points a work unit. Not really using the machine heavily these days for anything else since I retired. So your suggested upgrade for a home machine should probably also be able to run Bigadv.

Note that I am running windows 7 (64-bit) desktop on an i7-940 running 2.93 gHz (12gb mem) and it is able to complete a bigadv in under 3 days. That gets me about 65000 points a work unit. Not really using the machine heavily these days for anything else since I retired. So your suggested upgrade for a home machine should probably also be able to run Bigadv.
That's good to know.

This machine does 102k point bigadv WUs in just over a day. I think it is dual Xenon 5650, but I'll have to check on the exact model number.

Good news, just finished folding with the new i7-2600 CPU. Finished a big wu with 57% remaining. Not nearly as fast as the work server, but still decent. Heck of a deal for $600. So quiet, you don't even know its running, even with 3 fans (PS, CPU, case)!

BTW, turns out the work processors are X5670 (2.93 Ghz, 3.33 Ghz turbo)