Join the SatelliteGuys Folding@Home Team!

I realized that I passed 20,000,000 Points sometime in the last month. I'm down to the HP workstation with a GPU and the original Mac Pro I started Folding on five years ago.

True, but I don't game on a PC, so a graphics card won't help me outside of folding. For what I do the i7 is amazing. Just try "make -j 12 all" with any other processor, and you'll know what I mean. :)

True, but I don't game on a PC, so a graphics card won't help me outside of folding. For what I do the i7 is amazing. Just try "make -j 12 all" with any other processor, and you'll know what I mean. :)
If the bragging is about folding power, the most powerful CPU pales in comparison to a mid-line display card.

Of course if you're still using a character interface to do programming, you're probably not aligned with the Microsoft model of things.

I resisted as long as I could, but the Assignment Server for the Mac OS X V6 SMP client is considered End of Life and isn't reliable, so I installed the "beta" V7.2.9 FAHControl & FAHClient. This version is considered stable enough that it's now the version you get from the Folding@Home main page. The shame of it is I had one last Work Unit using the old V6 client that I was never able to upload.

The death of the old V6 assignment server definitely had an impact on my recent contributions:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-11-10 at 10.40.30 .png
    Screen Shot 2012-11-10 at 10.40.30 .png
    14.1 KB · Views: 122
I had a client on V6 that just couldn't get a work unit. Upgraded both mine to V7.2.9 and now my ppd are rising again.

Just passed 10,000,000 points!

Someone with a backhoe put the kibosh on my Folding yesterday. My Mac Pro was off until I got home from work.

It's interesting that I seem to be seeing some larger WU on the Mac than were available before. I haven't seen 20K+ in a day for ages.

Hey! Everybody send congratulations to Voyager6 on reaching 20,000,000 Points!!!
:everybodydance:

what about me reaching a million???? :(

Rey,
Congratulations!!!! Your first million seems to take forever, but once you're there, you start thinking about ways to get the next million faster.

Me, I ended up with a small collection of old PCs in the basement that I could leave run 24x7. With the GPU client, you can take these old "clunkers" and generate some serious Points.

Edit: I decided to take another look at our Team's stats. We are down to twenty active Folders!

Attachments

• image-361608531.jpg
    image-361608531.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:
Rey,
Congratulations!!!! Your first million seems to take forever, but once you're there, you start thinking about ways to get the next million faster.

Me, I ended up with a small collection of old PCs in the basement that I could leave run 24x7. With the GPU client, you can take these old "clunkers" and generate some serious Points.

Edit: I decided to take another look at our Team's stats. We are down to twenty active Folders!

thanks FOXBAT. my numbers would be a lot higher if i left the pc on 24/7. when i folded for over a week straight,i was averaging 10-12k per day. it's my only pc so i try to take care of it. perhaps its time to build a 2nd one and let that one fold all year long non stop.