Join the SatelliteGuys Folding@Home Team!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I realized that I passed 20,000,000 Points sometime in the last month. I'm down to the HP workstation with a GPU and the original Mac Pro I started Folding on five years ago.

True, but I don't game on a PC, so a graphics card won't help me outside of folding. For what I do the i7 is amazing. Just try "make -j 12 all" with any other processor, and you'll know what I mean. :)

True, but I don't game on a PC, so a graphics card won't help me outside of folding. For what I do the i7 is amazing. Just try "make -j 12 all" with any other processor, and you'll know what I mean. :)
If the bragging is about folding power, the most powerful CPU pales in comparison to a mid-line display card.

Of course if you're still using a character interface to do programming, you're probably not aligned with the Microsoft model of things.

I resisted as long as I could, but the Assignment Server for the Mac OS X V6 SMP client is considered End of Life and isn't reliable, so I installed the "beta" V7.2.9 FAHControl & FAHClient. This version is considered stable enough that it's now the version you get from the Folding@Home main page. The shame of it is I had one last Work Unit using the old V6 client that I was never able to upload.

The death of the old V6 assignment server definitely had an impact on my recent contributions:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-11-10 at 10.40.30 .png
    Screen Shot 2012-11-10 at 10.40.30 .png
    14.1 KB · Views: 117
I had a client on V6 that just couldn't get a work unit. Upgraded both mine to V7.2.9 and now my ppd are rising again.

Just passed 10,000,000 points!

Someone with a backhoe put the kibosh on my Folding yesterday. My Mac Pro was off until I got home from work.

It's interesting that I seem to be seeing some larger WU on the Mac than were available before. I haven't seen 20K+ in a day for ages.

Hey! Everybody send congratulations to Voyager6 on reaching 20,000,000 Points!!!
:everybodydance:

what about me reaching a million???? :(

Rey,
Congratulations!!!! Your first million seems to take forever, but once you're there, you start thinking about ways to get the next million faster.

Me, I ended up with a small collection of old PCs in the basement that I could leave run 24x7. With the GPU client, you can take these old "clunkers" and generate some serious Points.

Edit: I decided to take another look at our Team's stats. We are down to twenty active Folders!

Attachments

• image-361608531.jpg
    image-361608531.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:
Rey,
Congratulations!!!! Your first million seems to take forever, but once you're there, you start thinking about ways to get the next million faster.

Me, I ended up with a small collection of old PCs in the basement that I could leave run 24x7. With the GPU client, you can take these old "clunkers" and generate some serious Points.

Edit: I decided to take another look at our Team's stats. We are down to twenty active Folders!

thanks FOXBAT. my numbers would be a lot higher if i left the pc on 24/7. when i folded for over a week straight,i was averaging 10-12k per day. it's my only pc so i try to take care of it. perhaps its time to build a 2nd one and let that one fold all year long non stop.