Join the SatelliteGuys Folding@Home Team!

Congrats to Foxbat for reaching 90,000,000 Points.:clapclap
He will be at 100M by years end.
Thanks, guys! I does what I cans... ;)

We're still ranked as the #51 team in Points per Day, but cracking into the Top 100 in total Points might not happen until January or February 2016.

It's hard to believe that we've been at this for almost nine years. Scott's original post in this thread was March 2007. My Mac Pro has been Folding almost continuously since March 30, 2007, with just a few weeks off after I got my iMac last year.

Speaking of the early days and breaking into the Top n position, check out this chestnut from those early years:
I said:
(#49)
While we're making good progress, we have a long way to go. I downloaded the complete team stats database this morning (as of 3-Apr-2007 11:00 UTC), and here are our stats and those from some of the milestone teams ahead of us:

5262th place:Team SatelliteGuys.US, 38,160 pts, 130 WUs
5000th place:Team Newburyport Public Schools, 42,006 pts, 447 WUs
4000th place:Team dan501, 61,602 pts, 1,268 WUs
3000th place:Team isonews, 99,383 pts, 1,930 WUs
2000th place:Team CF2M, 180,222 pts, 1,523 WUs
1000th place:Team stratocruiser, 452,106 pts, 2,736 WUs
500th place:Team kruck, 1,132,015 pts, 8,593 WUs
100th place:Team klfteam1, 9,794,643 pts, 47,943 WUs

I think we'll crack the top 5000 in the next couple of days; the top 4000 will take maybe two weeks. If we can get more members to participate, I think the top 1000 can be achieved by the end of the year.
Check out those Points Totals! Some of us get those "totals" in one day with the current clients!

Well the servers have finally updated, #104 and climbing.:biggrin Just less than 2 months for SatGuys to claw our way into the Top 100. That will make a great Xmas present.

My folding machine got the new Windows 10 update sometime over the weekend and it seemed to blow out myFAH client, there was a message on the screen saying that FAHcore21.exe could not fine OpenCL.DLL. I tried reinstalling the FAH client without luck, so I grabbed the latest NVIDIA drivers and that fixed the issue. :)

My folding machine got the new Windows 10 update sometime over the weekend and it seemed to blow out myFAH client, there was a message on the screen saying that FAHcore21.exe could not fine OpenCL.DLL. I tried reinstalling the FAH client without luck, so I grabbed the latest NVIDIA drivers and that fixed the issue. :)
Don't feel bad, Scott, us Ubuntu Linux users have to deal with a similar issue with NVIDIA drivers almost every time Ubuntu comes out with an update to the Kernel. I've gotten better at it, but I try not to install the updates unless I can spare a few hours to babysit.

Both my GTX boxes were not GPU Folding this evening after I decided to update. Box boxes booted up with graphics, but wouldn't let me log in. As soon as I did, the screen went all 8-bit Atari on me and "boop", there's the logon screen again. While rebuilding the NVIDIA drivers into the Kernel worked on my GTX 750 box, that trick didn't get my Mac Pro with the GTX 960 going as it didn't install the CUDA drivers. I saw that NVIDIA had a new release of the 64-bit Linux NVIDIA drivers from this week, so I downloaded those and installed.

Then I spent the reset of the night trying to re-use an old 1 TB drive I pulled from the Mac Pro last year when it switched from OS X to Ubuntu. I should have wiped it before I plugged it into the Mac as the Mac welcomed its old Boot disk with welcome arms, and since my NVIDIA card isn't supported with Lion, I had no way of doing anything except pushing in the power button until it powered off. I eventually got it to boot into Ubuntu so I could run the Disk Partitioning app, but then I ran into a bit of Linux SysAdmin 101. Getting a new drive to mount system-wide so my newly installed MiniDLNA server could access it. I was going to try serving the 1 TB FireWire drive but it has OS X file partition, so that limits what Ubuntu can do with it (R/O, I believe). I got it eventually figured out.

Back to full Folding, such as it is. I got spoiled by the 250K+ days, now I seem to be lucky to break 225K.