Join the SatelliteGuys Folding@Home Team!

I think that you can tell when I got the T7400 online.;)
production_day.php

I added a liquid CPU cooler to my list for the F@H machine. So far it's a $350 upgrade to the old machine. My sons are going to be trying to trade me out of it, I'm sure ;) Now for the long wait on "Free Shipping" :rollingeyes

Reactions: Foxbat
I added a liquid CPU cooler to my list for the F@H machine. So far it's a $350 upgrade to the old machine. My sons are going to be trying to trade me out of it, I'm sure ;) Now for the long wait on "Free Shipping" :rollingeyes

Well, these folding machines you guys built are also very nice gaming machines. I don't blame your sons for wanting to get some time in with them.

Reactions: Magic Static
I tried re-installing the NVIDIA drivers and the FAHClient, but my Slots are still backwards. I may have the only 250K+ PPD GTX 750 Ti on Earth!
Screen Shot 2016-02-14 at 4.40.48 PM.png

Daggummet-- Was fiddling with wiring getting things ready for the T7400.
My main machine was 8 mins away from dumping 80K, I set it to finish.
Then I accidentally un-plugged it. :eeek
Plugged it back in and it brought it up and said 97% complete, but would not take back off to folding, no matter what I tried.
Sooo, I thought well I can reset again, but decided to just re-do the wiring and then turn it back on....well it picked up a new core and is singing along with it.
Note to self, next time after hitting finish, don't touch anything else!!!! Until last WU is sent!
Oh well back to folding. :D

Anyway I have two dedicated circuits running to my computer/ham radio area.
So I just dug out the tools I need, a Sawzall, wire, new 20A breaker and 20A receptacle.
Just got done in the breaker box, now I have another dedicated home-run to this area.
While I was at it, I pulled two more home runs and wired in two more receptacles, but didn't have another spare breaker.
So after I run to the supply house in a day or two, I will have 4 dedicated circuits to one area. :)

Reactions: samy60
I see Nvidia has a driver update today. What is the procedure for doing GPU updates when folding? Does it waste a work unit if you update when running?

I see Nvidia has a driver update today. What is the procedure for doing GPU updates when folding? Does it waste a work unit if you update when running?

Just to be safe I would hit the finish button to let your current WU finish but prevent the client from starting a new one. Then do the driver update, restart the PC, and let the folder go to work again.

Reactions: Magic Static
Yep, if you do it while a WU is running, you will lose what work you have.

That's the safest way to upgrade. The other way is to hold off until you have a good reason to update, like some specific fix for an issue you're seeing. Otherwise, I don't update NVIDIA drivers unless I need to.

Same thing with the OS updates; I try to avoid them as long as possible. It's not like my Folding Liar is accessing the Internet on a regular basis (except for Stanford).

BTW, my one GPU slot was dead in the water this morning, something about being unable to DNS resolve assign-GPU.stanford.edu to get a new WU. I rebooted the box and it eventually started Folding again.

I had a WU that wouldn't send the other day and I sat there watching the point total just evaporating away while it was trying to send. It finally got through.