Joined the Club

dfergie

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
After much thought about how much Movie content I actually get around to watching.. I bought a Mitsubishi 65738 locally along with a 3D kit.
I paid more for the set, but less for the kit than they list for at Amazon.
Got it hooked up last night after 2 days of moving stuff out of a extra room, fired it up last night with my PS3 around 10:30 pm & played with till almost midnight,
impressed so far... seating distance will be around 8', was around 6' last night with my soft camping chair I robbed out of the camper,
much work remains including moving my HR24 (that I just set up in the BT Sunday & rewiring) getting a sound system going and bringing seating in...

Right now my Yamaha is sitting in there (not hooked up yet) 5.1 non lossless receiver.
I recently upgraded my BT so have speakers etc to go with it...
I also got the stand with it (package deal) it was as heavy as the TV.
I am already missing the PS3 in the bedroom so will probably order a panny player to get Avatar.

I got the starter kit at a rental place for $272 (counting tax)... bought the tv at a different rental place,
(more money buy they allowed me to install)I can't believe the prices on things at those rent to own for
the installment plans:eek: you get a pretty good deal paying cash though.

Had to do a reset yesterday evening as I was getting a 900 error from the DIRECTV channels
(It is determined that your TV does not have content protection) (something like that)I also was
unable to view my PS3>
I unplugged the internet from the set to prevent it from downloading the latest software as I
suspect it is to blame... (I swapped HDMI cables and everything else before trying the reset)

Hey Don, whats your take on the Mitsu Diamond? I really like the price on their 72" model, and I always though DLP was a nice tech, I almost bought a Samsung LED years ago.

Hows the 3D performance for PQ and crosstalk?

I'm really liking the price range that a 73" Diamond would fall in. I know the bulb thing can get old, but most DLP owners love them. Im about 9 ft away, and eye level would be about 1/3 of the way up the screen. Do you feel there would be any viewing angle issue with the DLP? The top of my stand is about 21" high.

The reason I went with the 65 was, the 73 was too big for the 2 rooms I was eyeballing, (I now have in effect 3 HT rooms counting my bedroom with the 110") I could have put it in the livingroom but I still want a FPTV in here... the chair I'm using in the 3D room centers me with the screen (on the stand of course) I'll have to move the chair around to answer that question.

I remember looking at them in store, and I do not think the angle came into issue until it started getting a good ways out. The LED LCD I had was not as bad as some would have you think, and I kinda think DLP may be the same way.

I guess reading now, the newest FW made you able to do away with the 3D adapter. 73" is real appealing at 9 feet :)

Do you use the Smooth 120, does it give a SOE feel, or not as aggressive? Thanks for the input :)

Here is the order :)

Mitsubishi 3DC-1000 3D HDTV Starter Pack
AzureWave Wireless USB Adapter
Mitsubishi Diamond Series WD-73838 73-Inch 1080p 3D DLP HDTV
SquareTrade 3-Year TV Warranty

Im excited, I just measure it against my 58 and holy crap! I guess the only bad thing is blowing up normal ol HDTV to 73" isnt probably gonna have a great result :)

Ive been reading up on how to manually adjust the convergence, figure itll be the first thing I do.

58-inch-16x9-vs-73-inch-16x9.png

Thats 58 vs 73, 25% more screen :)

The DLP 3D performance is very good from my reading, and they recommended IR glasses over DLP Link, so I just went ahead with the Starter IR Kit. Also, Mitsu does not sell glasses separately, but the same glasses are sold as Samsung too, so you can get them individually that way.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts