Joined the Club

Don,

I was told on another site that the foot print (part that touches the ent center) was 65" wide. Looking at drawings, this is incorrect.

Your base looks about the same as the 838, can you confirm that it's 36" wide and 14" deep? Looking at pictures, all of them site on a foot thats a lot smaller than the screen size, I think this guy is telling me the tv width. Just want to make sure Im looking at the drawing correctly, but I cant see why they'd have the base as wide as the whole set, with it being so light.

Thanks.

Looks like bottom of your screen is 8.2" off stand.
viewer

Looks like bottom of my screen is 8.3" from stand, which would put the screen starting at 28.8" (top of my stand is 20.5" off ground) off the ground. Should be OK.
viewer

Ive been reading a lot, prob too much, over the last few weeks and I'm gonna give the 73" a shot. Lotta screen, so it should make for a pretty immersive experience. I know you liked yours, except for the bulb changing :)

That was def one knock on DLP, the repair history, While folks claim they get better every year, it's still spotty at best. I'll keep the S2 for a decent backup, and got a 3yr in home just because.

Ive seen where DLP seems to do 3D pretty well, just checkerboard is not the best format since it is not full resolution. I've already booked Gregg, and he was just here in my area, so I'd guess May or so before he gets back down.

Looking for input on veiwing angle, and if there is any reason to be concerned with it in my situation?

My stand is 20.5" tall
73838 is 7.1" from the base to bottom of screen (makes it 27.6" from floor to bottom of screen)

My wife is 37" from floor (eye line) and I am 40". 73838 screen is 35.8" tall, there for our eye line is hitting around 10-13" (37" and 40" minus 27.6") up on the screen, and center would be 17.9" (1/2 of 35.8). Anyone see a problem with that at 10' 2" viewing distance?

Ive seen it mentioned that you could raise the back of the set to add any down angle. If I need to to that whats the best way to do it?

Don,

I was told on another site that the foot print (part that touches the ent center) was 65" wide. Looking at drawings, this is incorrect.

Your base looks about the same as the 838, can you confirm that it's 36" wide and 14" deep? Looking at pictures, all of them site on a foot thats a lot smaller than the screen size, I think this guy is telling me the tv width. Just want to make sure Im looking at the drawing correctly, but I cant see why they'd have the base as wide as the whole set, with it being so light.

Thanks.

Looks like bottom of your screen is 8.2" off stand.
viewer

Looks like bottom of my screen is 8.3" from stand, which would put the screen starting at 28.8" (top of my stand is 20.5" off ground) off the ground. Should be OK.
viewer
The base is 36" can't tell about the depth as my tv fits down into the stand and you slide it forward making it quite stable (plus it has a bracket that mounts to the TV in the back) making my screen about 5 - 7/8" from the bottom of the stand and 23 -3/4" off the floor.

Here is the order :)

Mitsubishi 3DC-1000 3D HDTV Starter Pack
AzureWave Wireless USB Adapter
Mitsubishi Diamond Series WD-73838 73-Inch 1080p 3D DLP HDTV
SquareTrade 3-Year TV Warranty

just a little info on square trade warranty. they will not cover lamp. i have the same set. ordered warranty which quoted 100% parts and labor, but when you read fine print, it says lamps aren't covered due to a ware item. i called squaretrade back and got 20% off on the three year deal. just though you might want to know.

just though i would add my 2 cents. i bought a panny set last year. g series. then 3d came out. love the picture quality. i was skeptical going for the mitsubishi 738 series tv. but after having the tv a week, i can honestly say , i am completly happy. pic quality is very close to panny with better color accuracy, but with not as good black levels. looks good on directv 3d .

Glad to hear it. I knew the ST did not cover bulbs, I figure Ill buy a spare in 6 months or so (watch around 2k hours a year). I mainly got the ST warranty because of the light engine issues, even though they seem to have gotten better. Looks like from my reading, that if you dont have a LE issue or a convergence problem that cant be adjusted out manually, you are good to go.

There have been folks that get a 2nd set just because convergence is so bad, hopefully I dont run into this.

BTW, Ive been wanting an enclosed ent center, and I decided (after a lot of measuring) that I wanted to lower the set down a hair to get more in the sweet spot. Ordered this today, and itll put it the set down another 2.5" from where mine is now. Will have to lower the middle shelf to accomodate my ProCenter 2000, but that'll just take a drill and a few minutes :)

17555_1_.jpg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts