Joined the ranks

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

berck

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 18, 2006
Pleasanton, CA (SF Bay Area)
Well, I finally purchased a PS3 last week and viewed some movies over the weekend. All I can say is WOW. I have only a 720p TV, and was blown away at the clarity of the BD movies I saw. Very crisp and clear. Live Free or Die Hard, Cars, Pixar Shorts and Pirates 1. Great sound quality too and much improvement over the old DVD's.

My only complaint on the PS3 is getting it to turn off. It wants a bit too much interactivity for my liking. I can understand it when using the remote or game controller, but if you push the button on the device, it should shutdown.

My kids tried out a couple of games and they were very surprised at the graphics and games. They claimed it looked better than the 360 games they've played at their friends house, but that could also be related to the quality of the TV

I can understand it when using the remote or game controller, but if you push the button on the device, it should shutdown.

It does. You just have to hold it for 2 seconds. I think they wanted to keep you from accidentally turning it off when you're inserting or ejecting a disc.

Yea i have a 768P tv too. Blu-ray is amazing even on my tv. I could only imagine what it looks like on a 1080p tv. I also like how the ps3 shows the audio and video bitrate.

Pass the kool-aid. Somebody must have spilled some on Vurbano, because he's bought into one, but still isn't fully converted yet. ;)

With more good titles coming, and perhaps some good news next quarter, it's looking good for Blu-ray. Now I wonder if anything will come of the stories about 3D on Blu-ray?

Please do. Early buyers didn't seem too happy with that model, IIRC, but they've had firmware updates that seem to have addressed any problems.

I'm sure you'll be very happy with Blu-ray.

I have also just gone Purple. Have a bdp-s1 on the way...

I was thinking of the 1400 as well but untill it gets more glowing reviews with the updates i will be happy with my older S1...

I finally bit the bullet and have gone purple also. Panasonic BD30 on the way.:D I don't care about ethernet connection as I have dial up only and will have for the forseeable future. Can't wait!!!

Panasonic's are more expensive, but from what I hear, they work like a charm with no Issues.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts