Jones Sentenced to 6 Months in Jail

cybok0

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Oct 23, 2006
Sha Ka Ree.
Disgraced American sprinter Marion Jones has been sentenced to six months in jail for lying to U.S government investigators about her steroid use.

A U.S. District Court judge in White Plains, New York (Kenneth Karas) handed down the sentence Friday, three months after Jones pleaded guilty to two charges of lying when she denied that she took a banned drug known as "the clear."

Jones will serve six months for lying to federal agents and for a separate check fraud charge. She was also given two years probation and must perform 800 hours of community service.

Once the biggest name in track and field, the 32-year-old Jones is now destitute. She has been stripped of her medals from the 2000 Sydney Olympics, where she won three golds and two bronzes. All of her performances since September 2000 have been erased from the record books and she has lost millions of dollars earned from endorsements.

VOA News - Jones Sentenced to 6 Months in Jail

All of the pro athletes found to be using them should go to jail on fraud charges as well. SHould a pro golfer found to be cheating after a tournament have to give back the winnings? A race horse owner? I'd say yes. And I don't see any difference with a pro baseball player collecting a salary while cheating and taking a job anyway or a roster spot away from another player.

Last edited:
She deserved more in my opinion. I can't believe she said she was disappointed in the judges decision.

All of the pro athletes found to be using them should go to jail on fraud charges as well. SHould a pro golfer found to be cheating after a tournament have to give back the winnings? A race horse owner? I'd say yes. And I don't see any difference with a pro baseball player collecting a salary while cheating and taking a job anyway or a roster spot away from another player.

Are you sure you want to do this....there would be no more sports....from football to NASCAR...from tennis to Water Polo....it would be the end to organized sports as we know it.

Are you sure you want to do this....there would be no more sports....from football to NASCAR...from tennis to Water Polo....it would be the end to organized sports as we know it.

Isn't that the point? Organized sports right now are a joke, rampant cheating, steroids, etc... I, for one would like to see the field leveled, with everyone playing within the rules.

SO be it, but it wouldnt end pro sports. It would change it. What it would do is have teams kick these people off their teams so that congress wouldnt have to get involved. As it stands now all of the teams close their eyes to it, they certainly cannot be trusted to police themselves. They have proven that. You know they made Wrestling declare themselves "entertainment" and IMO if cheating is involved you no longer have honest competition and you no longer have "sport". Same thing IMO.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)