Joe Gibbs retires again

iceturkee

DINFOS Trained Killer
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 13, 2005
daytona beach
yup, gibbs announced his retirement tuesday morning as redskins head coach and team president but will remain a special assistant to owner daniel snyder. gibbs was quoted saying this was his ``toughest season'' as a head coach.

considering his race teams switched to toyota this season, maybe we'll see more of joe at the track again. thanks for the memories and super bowl wins joe!! :(

i knew this day would come eventually but i was hoping he'd coach another few seasons. think the taylor murder really hit him hard and very deeply.

yup, gibbs announced his retirement tuesday morning as redskins head coach and team president but will remain a special assistant to owner daniel snyder. gibbs was quoted saying this was his ``toughest season'' as a head coach.

considering his race teams switched to toyota this season, maybe we'll see more of joe at the track again. thanks for the memories and super bowl wins joe!! :(

Yup,
I expect to see him at the track more often this year.
I've always considered him a classy guy, until he chose Toyota over the past year.

Still like the guy, just a disappointing choice.

Jimbo

i dunno i think if anyone can find success with them darn foreign cars, coach can. although, i can hardly wait for smoke's radio chatter during the daytona 500!

i can hardly wait for smoke's radio chatter during the daytona 500!

Smokes chatter will be awesome spouting out how inferior these Toyota's are, should be a fun year from the Gibbs crew.

I'm glad that Coach is back in NASCAR, just not happy that he jumped ship to the foriegn car.

Jimbo

You almost saw this coming - Joe retiring again, I mean. Every time you saw him at a press conference or on television, he looked like he was just going through the motions and was ready to get the heck out of there.

You almost saw this coming - Joe retiring again, I mean. Every time you saw him at a press conference or on television, he looked like he was just going through the motions and was ready to get the heck out of there.

With the staff he had, he should not have had to do much.

Jimbo

The game had passed him by.

I was thinking the same thing.

Nah, the attitudes of the NFL players has changed where they get to the NFL and think they know everything and don't need to listen to anyone.
Everyone of his players would be better humans if they bothered to learn anything from him.

The culture changed when players money passed coaches.

This goes for most sports btw.

I welcome him back to NASCAR , this was a great move several years back when he came over and built his team.
I'm only disappointed he's jumped ship to Toy cars.

Jimbo

Nah, the attitudes of the NFL players has changed where they get to the NFL and think they know everything and don't need to listen to anyone.
Everyone of his players would be better humans if they bothered to learn anything from him.

I welcome him back to NASCAR , this was a great move several years back when he came over and built his team.

Jimbo

That's called hitting the nail on the head, my friend. Actually you were reinforcing my point.

Jimbo
The players and their attitudes are part of the game. The game had passed him by. He was at his best when tapping into his players emotions which was demonstrated this year. Problem is, next year, they won't have any emotions like this year after Taylor died. Also on the coaching game aspect he chose an offense system far too complicated for his starter, only after Campbell went down and a knowledgeable veteren QB take over did we see what that offense could do. Running a scaled back offense just to start Campbell seems like a big coaching blunder to me, perhaps the skins would have had a much better record and not been a wild card then. I woud agree he was a classy guy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)