Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Effective Thursday October 20, 2005 DISH Network will launch JSTV. JSTV will be located on channel 654 at the 61.5°/148° orbital locations and on channel 668 at the 121° orbital location.

Programming Description/Channel:

JSTV

JSTV is the #1 rated 24-hour-a-day Korean-language Christian channel in North America. JSTV’s programming includes Christian related news, business, music, bible studies, gospels, worship services and much more. JSTV will also broadcast locally produced programs and programming from the Korean broadcasting channels commonly referred to as CBS and CTS.

Channel - JSTV – 654 (61.5° and 148
orbital locations) and 668
(121° orbital location)

Call Letters - JSTV

Satellites - 61.5°, 148° and 121° orbital
locations

Pricing:

JSTV will be added to the following packages at no additional charge:

Korean Variety Pack:
(KBS World, MBN, Arirang TV, JSTV)
$36.99* per month
$406.89* annual subscription

Korean Basic Pack:
(KBS World, MBN, JSTV) $29.99* per month
$329.89* annual subscription

Please note that a SuperDISH antenna is required to receive programming from the 121° orbital location. Customers may contact our customer service center for complete details.

*Customers who do not subscribe to AT60, AT120, AT180, DISH Latino, DISH Latino Dos, DISH Latino Max or Great Wall TV Package will be charged a $5.00 per month Service Access Fee.

JSTV is not what the Korean Americans want on their Korean programming. They want Korean dramas. The Korean dramas is what all the Korean grocery stores tape and rent out for .50 a tape. They never tape religious programming. My wife watched SBS and KBS America along with Arrang channel for over a year, now there is no more SBS and the KBS World is showing what she already seen on Arrang channel 8 months ago.

If the *E does not get better Korean programming with dramas included Im sure this is our last month paying $36.99 for the Korean V.P.

All the Korean people I know will return to renting tapes instead of watching this bad lineup that *E has listed. MBN is no good, JSTV is nothing, KBS World is pretty bad now and Arrang is so-so. PLEASE get some good intertainment on the Korean side.

Last year we went to Los Angeles and visited two Korean shopping malls that had TV installed in the eating areas - guess what they had on?, DRAMAS , not religious or news or financial news. Almost EVERY Korean store in the U.S. rents VCR tapes or dvd tapes to the customers so they can watch the popular Korean dramas.

Thanks for listening....Pearl

<<Korean dramas is what all the Korean grocery stores tape and rent out for .50 a tape>>

Don't know how much these days, but some area, used to be 50 cents.. and soon they realize that people will rent no matter what and raised the rental to $1. Depending on the drama, but would say each drama title would have 20 to 30 episodes. Since they are very addictive like drugs.. it's hard to stop once started.
One could easily spend $20 per Drama title. If you are lucky, you get some additional programing after the main drama on the tape. Some are pretty good. JSTV is nothing to go crazy over, but I found it a very nice christian programming (music/sermon).

The same goes for Japanese programming. TVJ is a great channel filled with top notch NHK programs. But, that is mostly documentaries and news, with the only dramas generally being historical (tiga), the 8:15am housewife drama (like a soap opera), and some movies which always seem to be about WWII.

I'm not blaming Dish. There is no channel for J-Drama out there. I can't believe some Japanese entrepeneur hasn't created a North American channel for J-Dorama.

Coincedentally, some of the most popular dramas in Japan right now are from Korea!!! The old Japanese ladies love them. Especially the ones withat effeminate looking Korean actor with the glasses. I forget his name.

pearl15_1999 said:
JSTV is not what the Korean Americans want on their Korean programming. They want Korean dramas. The Korean dramas is what all the Korean grocery stores tape and rent out for .50 a tape. They never tape religious programming. My wife watched SBS and KBS America along with Arrang channel for over a year, now there is no more SBS and the KBS World is showing what she already seen on Arrang channel 8 months ago.

If the *E does not get better Korean programming with dramas included Im sure this is our last month paying $36.99 for the Korean V.P.

All the Korean people I know will return to renting tapes instead of watching this bad lineup that *E has listed. MBN is no good, JSTV is nothing, KBS World is pretty bad now and Arrang is so-so. PLEASE get some good intertainment on the Korean side.

Last year we went to Los Angeles and visited two Korean shopping malls that had TV installed in the eating areas - guess what they had on?, DRAMAS , not religious or news or financial news. Almost EVERY Korean store in the U.S. rents VCR tapes or dvd tapes to the customers so they can watch the popular Korean dramas.

Thanks for listening....Pearl

I didn't know KBS World was so bad. I've been mad at Dish for not giving it to people for free who don't have the SuperDISH but now I don't know if I'll care as much.

Well, JSTV is one of many new channels to come to DISH. It's definitely not what you call a "Primary" network channel like SBS was.

If anything, it looks as though DISH's Korean programming will turn into niche programming.

Look to DirecTV if you're out of your commitment with DISH. They may have another primary channel (i.e. MBC) to supplement their SBS and YTN, which is in free preview. I don't know how long DirecTV will have those channels since it's appearing that DISH has had them for about 2 years by now. We shall see.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)