Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Here is tonight's Charlie Chat Recap

(C) 2003 SatelliteGuys.US

In a nutshell here is tonights recap...

"We would love to add more more stuff like HD and new channels but we find nothing compelling and plus we don't want to raise your rates."

And that folks was the Charlie Chat for tonight. :)

Why don't they just add NFL Network to the sports multi pack and be done with it? Those who want it will pay the extra 6 bucks and probably enjoy seeing out of market regional sports reports, college hoops, etc.

Us 522 users do have one other thing of note: The long-awaited "single mode" upgrade goes out to the first 5000 receivers at 2AM tomorrow morning (7-13). Now, whether the problems I had in playing back the Charlie Chat after recording it will be fixed now, in the NBR upgrade (which 522 users will get to beta-test later in the year--hey, we're used to it!), or even later--now that's another issue...

RBBrittain said:
Us 522 users do have one other thing of note: The long-awaited "single mode" upgrade goes out to the first 5000 receivers at 2AM tomorrow morning (7-13). Now, whether the problems I had in playing back the Charlie Chat after recording it will be fixed now, in the NBR upgrade (which 522 users will get to beta-test later in the year--hey, we're used to it!), or even later--now that's another issue...

Whats "single mode" upgrade? Am I getting this upgrade? If so what will it do?
Sorry if I sound stupid
Lenny

He could be hinting at adding Bravo HD. Bravo is owned by NBC & is planning to show Olympic coverage in HD on Bravo HD.
Dish could also show any agreed upon coverage on HD Events channel.

blovkisle9 said:
Whats "single mode" upgrade? Am I getting this upgrade? If so what will it do?
Sorry if I sound stupid
Lenny
"Single mode" is an enhancement to the 522 designed for those who want the dual tuners strictly for DVR purposes (like a 721 or DirecTivo), instead of just driving two TVs. Instead of having a TV2 output, you get picture-in-picture (on any TV), plus a more clearly-defined ability to watch one live program while recording another.

It will be made available on each 522 as the new software upgrade is downloaded to each receiver. You can choose to use it or not; the setting is on the System Setup menu (greyed out until the upgrade happens), as well as a button on the receiver front. It may also be on the remote too.

Tahoerob said:
He could be hinting at adding Bravo HD. Bravo is owned by NBC & is planning to show Olympic coverage in HD on Bravo HD.
Dish could also show any agreed upon coverage on HD Events channel.

Only on SD Bravo,this has been said countless time over and over again.

Scott Greczkowski said:
As far as I know NO OLYMPIC coverage is going to be shown on BravoHD.

Scott - I'll need to find the press release, but olympic coverage was specifically given as a reason when Cablevision picked up BravoHD. I'll dig...

Scott Greczkowski said:
Here is tonight's Charlie Chat Recap

(C) 2003 SatelliteGuys.US

In a nutshell here is tonights recap...

"We would love to add more more stuff like HD and new channels but we find nothing compelling and plus we don't want to raise your rates."

And that folks was the Charlie Chat for tonight. :)
But Scott, they *did* find some compelling new content - a 2nd horse racing channel and three additional Chinese language channels. God knows everybody here has been clamoring for these. !sadroll

Waking Up the DVI on Samsung HLP5063W DLP

Degration of DT shannels?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)